8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Plastic spindle for a Beaulieu 708EL take-up reel anyone? (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Plastic spindle for a Beaulieu 708EL take-up reel anyone?
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 14, 2017 07:09 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew
Thank you for the most interesting and useful information which makes my purchase a possibility.
How does the O/D compare with the Beaulieu originals? Are the spools still a tight fit which needs a very careful line-up before gently pushing on?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2017 07:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Maurice in every case spoken about there.
If anything, even tighter.
If you plunge for these type, get your engineer to lubricate your spindle shafts well before fitting them and then if over time, your motor breathes its last ever breath as a result of these type of bearings fitted, just request a new one from me as I now have many of these motors, brand new and at a very reasonable price point.

If you go ahead and buy these spindle hubs from Edwin, I recommend on each major service interval your projector receives by your engineer, get him to also remove these hubs and re lubricate the shaft beneath.
This should help prolong the healthy lifespan of your main motor on these , especially if you use your machine to rewind full features of films on it, like I always do with mine.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC