8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone K-108 problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone K-108 problem
Spencer Bradley
Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2010 07:11 PM      Profile for Spencer Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I use my K-108 the reel that the film is on spins too fast and it will make the film roll off onto the floor. When I use it I have to sit next to it and hold my finger on the reel so it won't do that. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix it?

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2010 10:52 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify, the top spindle is spinning too fast? If so, has it always done that? Does it happen with any size reel?

Spencer Bradley
Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2010 01:36 PM      Profile for Spencer Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, its the top spindle that spins too fast. As long as I've had it, it has done it. I haven't used it too many times because I've had other projectors, but since I have it I would like to be able to use it without sitting beside it. It has done it with 400' and 200' reels. I can't remember if it did it with the 50' one or not.

Spencer Bradley
Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2010 08:39 PM      Profile for Spencer Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rigged it up tonight. I have a piece of felt on a pen lid taped to the projector so it touches the side of the reel. It looks terrible but it is working so far.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2010 12:22 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to check some of mine, but it seems that the feed spindle should be free-wheeling, with the sprockets and take-up spindle turning to pull the film off.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC