8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bell and Howell 10MS Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell and Howell 10MS Projector
Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2010 12:24 PM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone on the forum have experience with the Bell & Howell 10MS Projector? I'm looking to find a good,solid silent projector and was wondering if this model was worth owning. I remember these being advertised back in the day.

Cheers all,
Douglas [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2010 05:21 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a few of these. I really never had any problems with them. One nice feature is the variable speed control useful in transfers. The lens is F1.8 18-30mm. My only complaint is the lens fit is not tight and there is considerable play with the lens when focusing and zooming. Once you have it set it does stay put. Also these take a CXR/CXL bulb and they usually go for $20 (if your lucky) and up.

Hope that helps!

Bill [Smile]

Douglas W. Warren
Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2010 11:39 AM      Profile for Douglas W. Warren   Email Douglas W. Warren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info Bill. I was trying to snag a nice one via Goodwill Auctions,but it slipped away. [Frown]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC