8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Surpirse...Grease 2 did exist !! (3 x 400, Marketing Films)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surpirse...Grease 2 did exist !! (3 x 400, Marketing Films)
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 10, 2010 10:59 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a big surprise from the other forum that Grease 2 did exist while we used to discus on the below thread:

marketings mystery 3-parters march 83

with conclusion that it never got printed.

ps: the thread starter started with the latest list of Marketing Films from March 1983 which listed Grease 2 but all members concluded that this title together with the other 2 titles never been printed due to the coming of video era. Unfortunately the thread starter has deleted his original message so you can't see it now.

Here is the picture:

-

Surprise, SURPRISE...!

thanks
winbert

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2010 11:10 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Gawd -- if it wasn't video that killed Super 8 in the early 80s, it may have been the lousy titles that were being issued! (e.g., Grease 2, Nude Bomb, Disco Beaver, etc.)

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 10, 2010 11:49 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering that the films in the photo all look sealed, it would be fascinating to know where and when the photo was taken. If it's impossible to find a collector who has ever owned a print, or even seen one offered for sale, it makes me wonder if perhaps one batch was printed just before Marketing went out of business, and maybe someone found it in a warehouse years later!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 10, 2010 11:53 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right, Adrian, I didn't notice that it is sealed... and the other films too. Curios to know what are the other titles

Apparently, the same subject has also been mentioned in Robby's Super 8 page. Here is the translated article:

http://translate.google.co.id/translate?hl=id&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.super-8-hobby.de%2Fsoon.htm

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2010 09:16 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of that elusive 3 x 400ft "Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan".

No boxes ever made, but prints...oh yeah!

They're out there somewhere... [Wink]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 16, 2010 09:57 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,
Are you referring to a small number of test prints with regard to 'Khan'? I don't think I've ever heard of one for sale.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2010 04:25 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Adrian, they definately produced some prints of this title.

No doubt test prints as it was never officially released, but properly edited 3x400ft versions with Marketing leader.

Like hen's teeth though! [Smile]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2010 05:14 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry Attwood actually mentions having a few prints of KHAN in a previous thread,so they are in someones collection out there.

I wonder if any of the other unreleased batch are out there such as MY BLOODY VALENTINE,FRIDAY THE 13TH,LITTLE DARLINGS,MEATBALLS???

Mike Casaregola
Junior

- posted September 17, 2010 09:03 AM      Profile for Mike Casaregola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think there are any prints of Fri. the 13th part 2 out there only because way back in May of '82 Famous Films was taking preorders for this title, I ordered it but after 2 months I got a letter from them saying that preorders for this title were poor and its doubtful it was going to be released. I got Dressed to Kill 3 x 400' in its place.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2010 09:29 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday the 13th part 2?? Was part one ever released on super 8? I don't remember seeing any of the Friday the 13th films released for the home super 8 market.

James.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2010 10:16 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe both Friday 13th parts one and two were both intended for release by Marketing but as pre-orders were poor both were cancelled.

A Friday 13th trailer reel inc 1,2,3 was released luckily.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2010 11:36 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More of these rare titles keep turning up, you just never know!

Does the May 82 date mean there were no more releases after that time from Marketing International?.........or just that Friday The 13th was not a goer?

They did not choose the best titles to release sometimes. At the theatre Chain I worked for Grease ran for over a year......Grease 2 ran for a week!

David

Aser Queipo
Junior

- posted October 25, 2010 07:36 PM      Profile for Aser Queipo   Email Aser Queipo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Also this title for sale in www.allcollection.net
Is very interesting and rare.

-

-

Regards

[ July 04, 2013, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Aser Queipo ]

--------------------
"May the force be with you".

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2010 08:58 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was Marketing using low-fade at this time? That would make this very interesting indeed.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 26, 2010 04:32 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Grease 2 was a disator of a movie, maybe a blessing in disguise that it never got released?? [Big Grin] [Wink]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 26, 2010 09:07 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aser - could you possible post a link to the item on that site as I couldn't find it?

John - Although it's impossible to be sure without checking a print, I think that considering it's a 1982 film, all the evidence points to Grease 2 being printed on low fade Agfa.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 26, 2010 10:11 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By analyzing the picture Aser put here and searching at allcollection.net for "marketing film" I got:

-

They are all sealed. Grease is no (longer?) there, but perhaps it was sold. However the seal does look all the same.

What I am going to say here, that the other Marketing Films that are inside the box (see first picture I put above) may be all the above sealed films (if the Grease seller is madelman1466 ).

Do you think so Aser?

If so, this is the answer for Adrian's question previously:

quote:
Considering that the films in the photo all look sealed, it would be fascinating to know where and when the photo was taken. If it's impossible to find a collector who has ever owned a print, or even seen one offered for sale,
cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Aser Queipo
Junior

- posted October 29, 2010 04:02 PM      Profile for Aser Queipo   Email Aser Queipo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Winbert, the film of picture was sold. Other last releases also were sold (4 or 5 prints of Raiders of the lost Ark) all agfa film, all english sound.

Regards

--------------------
"May the force be with you".

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 04, 2017 05:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to remind you guys that this title does exist. After 7 years after my initial posts, anyone here own this rare title?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC