8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » question about sprockets in a Yashica Viewer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question about sprockets in a Yashica Viewer
Paul Brandes
Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 03:37 AM      Profile for Paul Brandes   Email Paul Brandes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would anyone know if its normal for film to be threaded emulsion side up, and with sprocket holes away from the operator when using a super 8 viewer/editor. I have a Yashica viewer and, unlike other machines, it appears that you have to thread the film emulsion side up rather than the other way around. I would be grateful for any assistance.

Regards

Paul

|  IP: Logged

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 07:37 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul, that is probably ok - I have had editors in the past that did this ( in fact I think this was the original convention) and it's only latterly with the advent of sound heads that fitted onto editors that it changed over to the sprocket holes being nearer to the operator.
John

Paul Brandes
Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2010 12:52 AM      Profile for Paul Brandes   Email Paul Brandes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, John

Many thanks. I thought that may have been the case. I have never seen a sound editor with the sprocket facing away from the operator.

Regards

Paul

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC