8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Got the buying bug again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got the buying bug again
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 27, 2010 02:53 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got two tom and Jerrys from the last Derann list and a short form Paul Foster, first films ive bought in months, well over a year in fact, despite all the DVDs ive got, waiting for the post for films still has a buzz all of its own [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2010 08:46 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I know the feeling, there is nothing like waiting for a film to arrive. Content, quality, etc etc all add to the suspense.

Last week I had a 16mm and a Super 8 arrive.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 28, 2010 12:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually gotten a couple of DVDs and found them still in the shrink-wrap months later...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

On the other hand: Yesterday my son came running down the steps with the Blackhawk "Men O' War" I found on Ebay last week.

-Nice way to arrive home from work!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2010 12:26 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean! I got 'Tough Guys' on 16mm from Derann plus a couple of 16mm trailers - I was so excited when the package arrived, I was ripping the wrappings off! Then at the Group 9.5 Get-together last Sunday 26th, Rob Foxon (Tua Services) handed me a transit box and said "That's the films you ordered." "What film," says I. "Can't remember!!" says he. I shook the box and heard a rattle - excitment mounting. Had to wait until I got home - dreadful, really!! Found, to my delight, a 1948 Newsreel (minus start titles, sadly) of the Olympic Games - and my Uncle Vic was the British Olympic Wrestling Coach (taa-daah!). Mind, when I run it I'll probably find he ain't on it! The other was reels 2 and 3 of "A Chorus Line" - claimed to be mintish. We'll see. 'Tis fun, though, ain't it??
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is a joy! I now await a few 16mm films from Paul Foster and an 8mm one from Barry Attwood. Alongside my newly serviced Noris 322S coming back from servicing with John White, I'm pretty sure I'm keeping the couriers in business!

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2010 06:19 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep I'm with you! I just got home from work and I picked up 4 200' Ken's on the way home. I bought them off eBay and it turns out he only lives a few miles away so I picked them up. Can't wait to clean & screen.......

Bill [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC