8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Beware of this Seller on e bay (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Beware of this Seller on e bay
Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2010 07:07 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,I have had more hits than misses when buying on ebay especially when it comes to non faded prints and good condition ones.

I would also state that I have found most sellers 100% reliable and have usually been offered a full refund if the film was badly damaged or unusuable,though it probably best to stick to the sellers who are acually film collectors (very easy to spot) so that you really know what you are buying.

|  IP: Logged

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2010 12:48 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A family team near Chicago.mostly in 16mm

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 16, 2011 01:47 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HERE IS THE FINAL UPDATE.
E bay have,at last, closed the case in my favour and have refunded the total amount including all postage costs.
As for the seller, what a w****r. He decided not to respond at all after his initial immature reply to my first request thru the resolution centre.
I even offered to accept a patial 2/3 refund so salvage the three trailers that were at the end of the spool so as he didnt want to get involved i went the full lot.
E bay even e mailed a bar coded, pre-paid postage label to return it so that was good.
Sorted and a result. [Wink]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2011 02:52 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ebay is in many ways a crap shoot, where you have too look carefully before entering into a deal with anyone... This particular seller has a less than stellar feeback, even some of the positives have negative language...Plus a number of them state issues with items not being as described...I am sorry you were conned by the seller, but would suggest you don't make a blanket opinion based on one seller with less than 100 transactions. There are some great sellers out there.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 17, 2011 02:33 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very True Dino, sometimes anger does take over but you are spot on. [Wink]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2011 04:26 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Tom [Smile]

I,m glad to hear that ebay were on your side on this matter and common sense finally prevaled.

This guy even admitted he didnt have a clue what he was selling!!!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC