8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex Paillard 18-5 bulb supplier in UK?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex Paillard 18-5 bulb supplier in UK?
Al Leavy
Junior

- posted December 06, 2010 05:20 AM      Profile for Al Leavy   Email Al Leavy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks
I've just recovered my old 18-5 from storage together with some old film taken some 45 years ago. But I have two problems, and I wonder if members of this forum can supply some support.
I need two items:

1. A supplier of bulbs, preferably in the UK. It's a CXR/CXL 8V 50W type.
2. Somehow I've lost the power cord and again, I'me looking for a supplier if the old flat pin type of socket for this connection. I think it's a Nema style but for the life of me I can't find one anywhere.

If anyone can shed light on either of these I'd be very grateful.

Apologies for having a my first post as a bit of a begging post but I'd really like to get this Bolex up and running again. If I can't I'll have to look for a more up-to-date projector for these old standard 8mm films of holidays etc.

Cheers to all.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2010 09:38 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Al: I'm from the otherside of the pond, but I'll bet that Ebay UK probably has some lamps for sale. If not, you may be stuck with buying from a supplier in the U.S. and paying the shipping. It shouldn't be to much for a lamp. As for the cord, I have found that certain cords made for small appliances such as coffee makers will work with the 18-5. We have a store here called Menard's where I found them. They are one of those stores that carry everything from light bulbs to lumber. If you have not replaced the belts on the 18-5, they may be due for replacement. There are 3 of them and can be purchased on Ebay also for a reasonable amount. 18-5 projectors are great little machines.

Al Leavy
Junior

- posted December 06, 2010 10:36 AM      Profile for Al Leavy   Email Al Leavy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry and thanks for your reply.

Yep. I've scoured the UK eBay but no luck.
Same for the power cord.

My son lives in the Poconos so it looks like I'll be asking him for yet another favour! But I sure would like to find a supplier over here.

As I haven't used the 18-5 for quite a while, I've given it a good service. It looks like all the belts are ok. But I'll probably get a set to be on the safe side.

Cheers for now.

-additional-
After a more thorough search, I've tracked down an Ebay seller for the lamp.

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2010 11:04 AM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Al,

I sell CXR/CXL/A1-17 lamps and am based in London:

http://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/cine-projector-lamps.php

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC