8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » I guess I am the lucky one this month + Dwayne dateline

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I guess I am the lucky one this month + Dwayne dateline
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 08, 2010 12:52 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess now am the lucky one to just win this from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.c om/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=110617953990&si=16a%252Bk7c4hAACoxfxS5mNb14MBBw%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

-

Won them for $20.50 (2 Ektachrome 64T, 3 Spektra Fuji Felvia V-50D, 1 Plus-x, and 1 Tri-x)

Just for the two E64T that I use very often, they are already cheap enough, considering Dwayne's price was $17/each. Now I got a chance to try Fuji color stock that I never knew before. Plus the 2 B/W cartridges for my experiment (I don't really into B/W shooting though).

The most interesting ones is I just contacted Spectra if they still honor the paid processing. And the answer is "yes" without any dateline (because it uses E6 process??).

Now that is what I say, the lucky one! [Razz]

I wish they were E100D though [Big Grin]

BTW, a couple weeks ago, there was an auction for 12 K40s which include processing ... by super8sound

Many people thought that the processing will no longer be honored by any one else. But ... that's wrong.

Since I knew Super8sound was the older name of Pro8mm, I called this company and the answer is ....Yes they still honor it. They will forward them to Dwayne, anyway. But the dateline is the same i.e Dec 30th.

I bid $50 for those 12 K40 (counting $4 each) but it is still go far....$95

http://cgi.ebay.co m/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&hash=item1e5f88797e&item=130451798398&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=3gwHuJZmUc7oJShyg1iv85JeRtg%253D

Still that was a good deal, considering processing fee for 12 rolls will be $144 alone.... but I hate rush shooting.

i don't know if the winner knew about the above deal, otherwise he spend $144 for something he can get free!

Anyone from this forum won those 12 K40s??

About the dateline for Kodachrome, I asked pro8mm if there was special arrangement with Dwayne about it. The answer is "yes". Apparently for 3rd party companies like Pro8mm, Spectra, etc, Dwayne gives a special grace period for them to set up the same dateline but guaranteed to be processed although received on the beginning of January 2011.

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2010 03:28 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] great Winbert, just sent away my last roll of Kodachrome to Dwaynes yesterday, hopefully they get it by the 30th!
[Confused]
still got some Ektachrome left.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 08, 2010 09:49 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick,

quote:
hopefully they get it by the 30th!
I believe they will also apply that grace period to regular customer (non-company) knowing the delay of shipment in the Christmas. But they did not say this publicly to avoid misunderstanding.

Well from now on, go with E100D, it is good enough similar to K40s.

regards

--------------------
Winbert

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2010 12:41 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dwayne's site is pretty clear that the film must be received at their lab by noon on 12/30 to be processed. I'm hoping there will be such a run at them, that they'll delay a few weeks. No such news yet, though.

Winbert, congrats on the Velvia cartridges, the 3 of which are $100 new (since they're film including processing). I've used one of these and think that it is far sharper and just as colorful as Eastman 100D. You won't be disappointed. In fact, it's the closest to Kodachrome I've seen, though I'm not suggesting they actually resemble each other. Please report back down the road and tell us how you fared.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC