8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hello guys new member here.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello guys new member here.
Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 26, 2011 07:04 PM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello my name is George,im situated in Athens Greece.
I mainly shoot and develop(reversal) super 8 film and recently started collecting films,,Just wanted to say hello and congratulations for this very nice forum,I hope that in time i can contribute something as well. [Smile]

Georgios.

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2011 07:22 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Georgios, and welcome.

You will find a lot of good helpful folks here regarding collecting and also shooting Super-8 (I am one of the ones who shoots too [Smile] )

What kind of camera/projector do you have, and how do you develop your own Super-8 film?

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 26, 2011 07:44 PM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Claus.

Nice to meet you!

I have a Nizo 801 camera,a Minette editor and a Eumig s907 GL projector.I use the Russian LOMO tank and E6 chemistry but im planning to start developing negative film as well in the near future,i have also done a 16mm film but find it too expensive for me...

Thanks for the welcoming! [Smile]

George.

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2011 09:01 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are happy to have you on our board. Yasou Ellada!
It is interesting to note you process your own films. Very few people do this. Are you able to get results comparable to a professional lab?

Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 26, 2011 09:27 PM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Thomas!

In general the results are very good,when the environment where the process takes place is clean , and the chemistry fresh.

I could say that you can compare it to a professional lab.If you are strict with time all goes well,but im always anxious when i load the film on the spirals of the tank [Roll Eyes] ... With time you can even learn to push it to the exact spot you like in regards to contrast and color... Maybe i can post some stills sometime(i do not scan my films but i can take some pictures).

I think that the whole process is much easier than people think,and not something special.Plus you save money!!!and you are able to shoot something in the morning and see it in the evening...a big plus for me!

Thank you
George.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 26, 2011 09:38 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Georgios

Welcome aboard!

Pat DAlessio

Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 26, 2011 09:40 PM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Pat!

Nice to meet you guys! [Smile]

George.

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2011 08:25 AM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, welcome George [Big Grin]

btw, me and George are friends guys (in case someone was wondering about the new Greeks)

Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 27, 2011 08:40 AM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And more friends will soon join us but they dont collect [Frown] just shoot super8 and develop their deranged films diy [Smile] .Its kind of hard to shoot and collect at the same time,,,funds dont allow it...

George.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2011 06:59 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
......a very warm welcome to both Ilia & George--so glad to see more Greeks jumping in the forum bandwagon! [Cool] Whereabouts in Athens do you live guys? I'm from Halandri but now live in the UK.
.........and you say you have more friends dealing with film--in Greece? Never thought there'd be so many [Eek!]
Just in case you'd be interested, there'll be the Film Collectors Convention in London on May 14th-if you can afford it,& have the time,why not think of coming 'round-I'll be glad to meet you,& more
people from Athens will attend,so you can get advice on tickets etc-just log onto bfcc.bizz for details [Wink]
...George,amazing job processing your own film-always wanted to do this but never got there [Frown]
...enjoy the Forum & keep in touch guys!! [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 28, 2011 07:27 PM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Yannis !

Nice to meet you! [Smile]

There are more people but as i mentioned they dont collect films,just shoot super8.I am situated in the Kypseli ghetto,haha,
The Film Collectors Convention sounds really interesting!i will look into it!

I will post some images of the diy processed footage soon!
Its realy easy to process the fims Yannis and its never too late to start...

Thanks for the warm welcome!

George. [Smile]

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2011 01:07 AM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Yannis and thanks for the welcoming [Big Grin]

I live at N. Kosmos area.

The May convention sound a wonderful idea, I dunno how it's going to be money and time- wise...but we'll definetely look into it!!!

George Patoulidis
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2011 01:52 AM      Profile for George Patoulidis   Email George Patoulidis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a surprise! Another George that shoots super 8! I live in Kozani, I mainly shoot (haven't tried to develop but own a Lomo tank), and collect as well. Giorgo,Ilia, contact me! I have 650 cameras, 50 projectors and hundreds of films. I want to try to develop but never attempted it...I need a push!
In Kozani, I believe I'm the only one who uses super8, it's so nice to hear that there are actually people that continue (or just started) to shoot film...Very happy indeed! Keep shooting!

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2011 08:01 AM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello George,

its great to see that there actually quite a few people in Greece who love 8mm!!!!

I tried to sent you an email, so we can discuss further, but I can't find your email at your profile.
If you want please click on my name and you'll see my mail address [Wink]

Georgios Karamanolakis
Junior

- posted January 29, 2011 08:30 AM      Profile for Georgios Karamanolakis   Author's Homepage   Email Georgios Karamanolakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello George!nice to meet you here!!

lets get in touch!

What kind of themes do you shoot,i mainly shoot structures,catcombs and thrown away trains in mountains [Smile]
i do some portraits as well...

Can your tank develope 2 super8 films simultaneously?if it is you can also develope 16mm,i once developed a 200 ft of 16 reversal.

George.

[ January 29, 2011, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Georgios Karamanolakis ]

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2011 04:12 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info guys, shame I missed you by just a few days-was in Athens till last week-we could have arranged to meet [Frown]
...anyway it's never late-truly hope you can make it to the BFCC in May!
George I can't resist the temptation to ask if you would develop my films--apparently not for free!--& look forward to your pics! [Cool]
...George Pat. didn't know you also had films--for sale too? Think I might PM you on Facebook at some point... [Wink]

Have a good week guys--& keep the film flag high! [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

George Patoulidis
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2011 07:27 AM      Profile for George Patoulidis   Email George Patoulidis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
George,
I'm an amateur home movie maker, which means, shooting kids, family, vacations, sceneries, etc.
My Tank is for one super8 film only, therefore no 100ft 16mm is possible. You have the large tank I guess...
Yani,
not many films for sale I'm afraid, except for some cartoons [Wink]
You're always welcome to contact me for any reason. [Smile]
Keep shooting guys!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2011 06:34 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
George,

any Woody Woodpecker amongst yours for sale? Was my favourite one back in the '80s [Cool] ........

--------------------
Yannis

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2011 04:58 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much money do you save in processing a 50ft cartridge yourself? And how much time does it take? How many cartridges can you process at one time?
You can state in Euros , I will do conversion. Thanks for any reply.

[ February 06, 2011, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Thomas Dafnides ]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 05, 2011 07:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis

I have a 50' Woddy Woodpecker titled Tree Medic B&W. You can have it if your willing to pay the postage to Greece.

Pat DAlessio

-

George Patoulidis
Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2011 05:29 AM      Profile for George Patoulidis   Email George Patoulidis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yani,
I'll search for the Woody, I'm sure I have 2-3 cartoons.
He was my favourite too back then...

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2011 06:07 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks George, lemme know [Wink]
...Pat,sorry-I'm after only full length sound cartoons......

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC