8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig Bulbs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig Bulbs
Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2011 08:22 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Why can I not now find the 12v 100w lamps for Eumig's that have the locating lug on the rim for positioning in the lamp holder, or are the new lamps fitted with different filaments?

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 14, 2011 08:24 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian

Try topbulb.com.

Pat DAlessio

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 14, 2011 08:51 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem you run into is the spec for EFP doesn't seem to either include or exclude the lug, so it's kind of up to the manufacturer. I've seen them both ways.

I had problems with the lugless ones popping out of alignment in my Elmo and had to install a tywrap around the neck of the lamp to hold it in place. This works but it is a pain. It means changing the bulb requires changing the tywrap also.

From what I've seen of the Eumig lamp mount, I would think it would be more forgiving of this. It is more rigid than the Elmo mount.

-but,

Here's what I've experienced in terms of different manufacturer's EFPs having the lug:

GE: No
Osram: No
Ushio: Yes

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2011 05:56 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few of the 12v 100w Incandescent Eumig P8 lamps, if it is the 4 pin offset type of base.

Written on the box is A1/193 Lamp, BA 21 base.

Can airmail out from Australia if you email me with your details.
[Smile]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 14, 2011 06:56 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank raises an interesting point:

Which Eumig are we talking here?

--------------------

Brian Collins
Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2011 04:27 AM      Profile for Brian Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Eumigs I refer to are my 824/S910/ & Bolex 715.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 16, 2011 08:24 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EFP it is, then!

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2011 07:01 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rats, the bulbs I was able to locate do not have the required lugs. Sorry.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC