8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My $55 catch, super 8/Std 8mm editing gangs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My $55 catch, super 8/Std 8mm editing gangs
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 02:47 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I just want to share my happiness after finishing a sweet deal with local seller.

First, I found a local advertisement in Kijiji (free classified) for a Eumig 610 D Lux (silent dual projector) with no price.

I knew this "Lux" series was the top model from Eumig together with his big brother 810 D Lux (sound dual projector). The distinguished different between "Lux" series with other Eumigs is the lens.

Eumig 810 D Lux has 1.1 Supragon lens.

(ps: No wonder, Dan Lail sold this very projector at Ebay for $217 last March)

Eumig 610 D Lux has 1.2 Supragon lens.

This supragon lens is very bright compared to Elmo lens (believe me!)

But anyway, back to the story, I was actually interested with this supragon lens and the good thing was when I asked the owner about the lens, he confirmed that it still had the 1.2 supragon lens intact. He offered the projector for $50. Not a bad price.

However, I was a bit hesitate to close the deal because he lived 2 hours driving one way from my place. So it was still hard. Because I was really slow to react, he then suddenly offered other equipments to be included in this deal, i.e GOKO dual editor, Vivitar movie to video converter and Elmo 106 super 8mm camera (plus 3 expire cartridges) and he only asked $55 for all....!! [Eek!]

I finally got everything today, and to my surprise, They still come with the original boxes include all manual instructions. Even he toss a reel home movie for free ( a 1978 parade shot with Kodachrome)and two books about making movies.

Here they are:

-

A nice sweet deal, I said.... [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2011 05:32 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great deal, thumbs up!!!

Gregory S. Coad
Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2011 07:27 AM      Profile for Gregory S. Coad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert - What a deal! You have to be the luckiest collector on the planet. You may find a lot of deals in the future, but I bet you will never find one this good again

Congratulations, I am truly happy for you.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2011 08:04 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Job Winbert - How did I miss that ad??

Kijiji is always worth keeping your eyes on, I just recently picked up a GS800 for $20!

Cheers
Terry

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 11:35 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I just recently picked up a GS800 for $20 !

Terry.... is that only for the box or come with a projector ....? [Eek!]

Ifs o...this is the best deal I ever knew!!!

(same like you) How could I miss that ad!!

I want ot see it on your next summer show!.... [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2011 03:10 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha Ha, yes, the projector but no box.
It came from a teacher who just took it home when her school switched to VHS. She told me it was sitting in her basement for years.
After some cleaning and a new belt it's working nicely. looks like the original AV guy took good care of it. Still using the orignal lamp too.

Now I wish I didn't sell of all these 800' reels I thought I'd never need!!

I'll probably use it at the next show although we are in a new house, so no grass yet - may be an indoor show this year.

Cheers
Terry

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 04:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are very lucky Terry.

BTW, from the above lot, I was given a 200' home movie reel, that is apparently 1978 Grey Cup Parade in Toronto.

I don't know if you are familiar with this parade. But to my surprise the cameraman did a really good job and also the Kodacrome used for his shooting resulting a very good result

Here is I make a rough wall transfer from the said reel, perhaps yuo know someone/something there:

My transfer on youtube

And here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ogaPK00-xE&NR=1

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 01, 2011 04:57 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Winbert

That is totally awesome [Eek!] That's the fun of this hobby [Big Grin] Thanks for sharing your story [Smile]

Pat DAlessio

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 02, 2011 11:26 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Pat, my spare time was mostly used to find any unusual sales (both at Ebay and Kijij/Craiglist).

I once bought from Ebay 5 Walton (Color and Sound) super 8mm films which were listed as game cartridges for game console [Eek!]

And I won it for....$5 !

And once I found a GS1200 sold as a video projector and won it for $240 (I shared this in different thread long time ago).

ps: I also found around 30 films (some full feature) ended for $120s something....and the winner will be more than happy when receiving the items, because a fine print says "the winner of this auction will receive a working ST1200 HD as a giveaway" [Eek!]

[Big Grin] ....hahhaha...the seller didn't know that the value of projector alone is more than that.

Unfortunately I missed that auction but you can find the story in the other thread (just use search button)

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC