8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 The Movie (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Super 8 The Movie
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 12, 2011 06:11 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took some stills from the 35mm Scope trl, I better return this weekend....so anybody up to a little knowlege thingy.

1...Whats the camera
2...Whats the projector
3...Whats the film stock they are using

Oh! the following images are reversed...sorry that might make it even more harder...best of luck.
 -

-

-

-

-

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2011 04:39 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eumig camera (don't know which model).

Chinon Sound 4100 projector.

Ektachrome 160 sound.

Close Graham [Confused]

Nathan DeHahn
Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2011 06:53 AM      Profile for Nathan DeHahn   Email Nathan DeHahn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what the cameras are, first one is Bell & Howell super 8 sound camera and second one is Kodak Ektasound 140 or 160 camera.

--------------------
Kodachrome Kid

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 13, 2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also seen the trailer and wondering for the cartrdige because it seems too big for silent film.

So if this is E160 Sound which has been long discontinued, what is the time of the story? It seems to me that the film is not a kind of flashback.

--------------------
Winbert

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2011 06:36 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film is set in 1979 all around a home movie being shot and what happens when a train wreck occurs and its mysterious cargo escapes!

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2011 03:54 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.filmvorfuehrer.de/topic/9746-spielfilm-super-8-wer-erkennt-die-kamera/ says:
Cameras:
Eumig Makro Sound 80
Kodak Ektasound 140/150/160
Tripod (used for the Eumig):
Slik Pro 330DX

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 14, 2011 04:35 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup looks like the second scan down is the Kodak Ektasound 140. F1.2 lens 9-21mm and from memory filmed at 18fps or 20fps which was strange. My first sound camera and much fun in the fairly early 70's. [Eek!]
If someone puts that trailer out on super 8 it will sell like hot cakes!

http://www.super8-movie.com/

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 14, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the downside of this release that it will mislead our search especialy Ebay search [Wink] [Big Grin]

I usually searched in unusual category by putting "8mm" or "Super 8" + "film" or "movie"

But now it cannot ...! [Mad]

There used to be "8mm" (by Nicolas Cage) but since the title is too short it didn't mislead a lot, but now..."super 8" !!

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 05, 2011 05:38 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks, today was the first time I have added the Scope trailer to a movie, so far its just been the flat teasers. The Scope trailer looks great and would make an excellent Super8 release.

If the trailer is anything to go by it does looks like a movie worth going to the cinema to watch. [Smile]

I think!... "Super8" is in for a bit of a revival [Cool]

Graham.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 12:25 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why does it say "CLICK HERE" on the film?

-

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2011 03:47 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1965 Super 8 is lauched. 50% larger picture area than Standard 8. Still going now 2011.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2011 04:10 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
50%? Isn't it more like 36%?

Colin Robert Hunt
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2011 02:09 PM      Profile for Colin Robert Hunt   Author's Homepage   Email Colin Robert Hunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depend on the projector and it's aperture plate. The blurb says 50% bigger and myself starting on Regular/Standard eight I noticed the extra size screen that I could obtain in my room at home. The Eumig projector gates are smaller than other projectors. Some people have enlarged the gate due to this by filing away the generous over masking these Eumigs have. Not a easy job though.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 20, 2011 04:57 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I placed the "Scope" trailer right on the front of new "Pirates of the Caribbean" out this week. Imagine this [Roll Eyes] the lights go down, the masking moves out "side masking that is" [Smile] and da..da..the Super8 Scope trl hits the screen. It looks really really good and a must have for any Super8 release. It would have to be the long "Scope" version though! and I am sure that this new film will create some sort of interest in Super8 even if its only just out of curiousity, what this thing called Super8 is all about. [Smile]

Bryan photo stating "Click Here" has got me stumped anyone got any ideas why the film makers put it in there?.

Graham.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2011 01:48 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham-Do your black screens on the sides pull out for a 'scope' film and reveal a wider screen? I haven't been to a theater for years that has done that. Now that it is digital a scope film is shown on the same size screen as a flat, 1:85, screen. Like letterbox.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 21, 2011 03:02 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Larry

Two of the three screens we have has side masking. Top and bottom is fixed so when the Scope tag goes through as well as the turret on the projector rotating for Scope the side masking moves out at the same time to give you the wider Scope picture. The automation also gets the lights down tag just before the Scope change at the end of the flat trailers so the theatre is in total darkness as the masking is moving out.

The modern "Reading" cinema near where we live has fixed side masking so when they do the Scope change the top moves down to reveal a smaller picture than the previous adds and flat trailers. Its one of those things that makes me cringe [Frown] every time I see it when we go there. I am not sure where where this idea of fixed side masking came from, a Scope picture has to get bigger not smaller.

Graham. [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 24, 2011 07:26 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if they decide to make a sequel they could call it.....

"Standard 8".

Why not [Roll Eyes] it sounds good.

-
 -
I have just the projector if Mr Spielberg would like to rent it. [Cool]

Graham. [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 07, 2011 05:08 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks the 35mm print arrives tomorrow and starts this week [Smile] plus hopefully with some "Super8" T shirts we have asked for as well [Cool]

So....who here is going to the movies? [Cool]

Graham. [Smile]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 07, 2011 07:31 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got to wait a couple more months here. [Frown] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 09, 2011 08:06 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This film has received an excellent 4 star review in todays Orlando Sentinel

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 09, 2011 08:39 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"Standard 8".

Well, the main character would probably be more grown up in any sequel so they'd probably call it "16mm", wouldn't you think??

[Razz] [Razz] [Wink]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 09, 2011 08:59 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should make a sequel called "9.5mm"

-it would be a real mystery to most people.

The good news is this one seems to come with T-shirts

Super-8 Movie T-shirts

I don't actually intend to go to the movie, but I want one of these shirts!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 09:15 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"Standard 8".

Sounds more like a title for a prequel (especially as "Super 8" is rumoured to be the unofficial prequel to "Cloverfield" where the aliens get recorded with video-cams) [Big Grin]

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 10:28 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely see movies at the theater - I'm going to see this one tomorrow. Roger Ebert gave it 3.5 stars, although I did not completely read his review, I wanted to leave much of the story a surprise.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2011 06:04 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I are going...can't wait. I'm excited.

Bill [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC