8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo FP-C repair question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo FP-C repair question.
Mark London
Junior

- posted April 25, 2011 06:17 AM      Profile for Mark London   Email Mark London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi - I'm trying to repair an Elmo FP-C projector. I need to remove the bottom of it, in order to get to the wiring, and find out why there is no voltage to the lamp. I removed all the screws of from the bottom covering that I can find (4 on bottom, one on the front and the back), but it still doesn't completely come off. The area that doesn't want to detach is where the metal bar is, which has 2 rubber feet. What's the trick to removing it? Thanks. - Mark

|  IP: Logged

John Stockman
Junior

- posted February 22, 2014 09:45 AM      Profile for John Stockman   Email John Stockman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Not sure if you ever got a response. I have an Elmo, and the metal bottom of the projector is held on by 4 screws on bottom and 2 on the sides. Then you need to get past the adjustable foot for angling the projector up and down. I removed the screw holding a spring in place, right next to this leg post, which is inside the case. Fairly easy to get to. Look for a long spring and take long screw out, and the entire part will come out. Then the bottom is free to come off. Hope helps.

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2014 07:05 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if there are electrical speed pots controlling the motor speed on this unit? Location?...I have one that is running about 22fps with the variable speed turned all the way down. I do not have the original power cord just adapted an extension cord to the outlet leads.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC