8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » processing film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: processing film
Jeff Benes
Junior

- posted May 22, 2011 01:12 PM      Profile for Jeff Benes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am new to shooting super 8. I filmed one cartridge of black and white film and sent it to Film Services in Minnasota and they took a month and a half to return it processed. Any recommendations on where to process B&W super 8 film? I saw Yale out of Los Angelas which looked like they did this professionally...
Thanks for any advice, Jeff

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2011 01:43 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dwayne's Photo
Dwayne's Photo

Wall Mart

Alpha Cine in Seattle is where I send mine and I usually get it back in a week, two weeks max.
Alpha Cine

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 22, 2011 03:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Film Services in Minnasota and they took a month and a half to return it processed.
If it took one month and half to do it, it means they forwarded to the other lab. Most lab will do it for 4-6 days and plus shipping v.v will make total turn around to become 2 weeks.

Other than sending direct to Labs like Bryan mentioned above, you can also drop to Wal-mart photo service for a half price (i.e $7/cart) that lab mostly charge . Turn around time will be also 2 weeks, but you do not pay shipping at all.

--------------------
Winbert

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2011 01:14 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, Yale is my favorite local lab, and personally attest to same- or next-day service mentioned at
Yale's web page.

Being local I have an unfair advantage... drop it off in the morning, pick it up in the afternoon. Too bad I don't shoot much film anymore.

[ July 28, 2011, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Bill Brandenstein ]

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 08:01 AM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would be handy to know of any Film-Processing companies in the United Kingdom if anyone has any details ?

Many thanks [Smile]

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 09:39 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris the only one i have seen pop up on a regular basis is on ebay.You can buy the film on its own or pay for both film and processing in one go.Think its £24.99 or something with processing included.All it says is you pay for the p&p of sending it off.

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 09:41 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While we are here...

Bill - I recently acquired a Eumig Makro 66 XL for sound recording, and excited to shoot a couple of rolls of film. The link to Yale you provided isn't working, can you send another?

Winbert - Can you drop of a cartridge at any Wal Mart? Which would be the best film for Color/Sound?

Thanks!

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Jerome Sutter
Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 10:33 AM      Profile for Jerome Sutter   Email Jerome Sutter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The correct address: http://www.yalefilmandvideo.com/ [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 28, 2011 12:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Winbert - Can you drop of a cartridge at any Wal Mart? Which would be the best film for Color/Sound?
Gerard, yes you can drop it of at any Walmart. Use the white envelope available at Photo Center. Write down "Super 8 processing".

Your cartridges will go to Dwayne anyway, but with a half cost and no shipping at all.

I did this two months ago. You can PM me at winbert (at) hotmail (dot) com if you want to know more detail.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 09:54 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jerome! Original link now corrected.

William Hatfield
Junior

- posted October 08, 2011 09:53 AM      Profile for William Hatfield   Email William Hatfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
New here.
Does dropping off regular 8mm (double 8) work well at Walmart stores? This thread says super8 does. I wanted to double check before dropping off at Walmart.

2) Dwayne's says 2x$12 + $5 shipping for two rolls regular or super8 =$29. How much total for two rolls at Wallys?

3) Is it pay in advance or when picked up?
(other places Target,Walgrens, etc. I payed when picked up for 35mm Fujichrome slide film)

thanks!
Thanks.

Jerome Sutter
Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2011 12:45 PM      Profile for Jerome Sutter   Email Jerome Sutter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've notice several members saying take your film to Walmart. I have done this at the Northlake, Il Walmart. They took the film, and two weeks later they returned the film undeveloped! Yet they charged me $7.65 for it. Of course, I immediately complained and got my money back. But inside the envelope there was a note that Fuji doesn't process Ektachrome movie nor slide film. So I sent the film in to Dwaynes, and got it back about 8 days later. This happen about a month ago.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC