8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Shooting E100D indoor with artifical (tungsten) light

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shooting E100D indoor with artifical (tungsten) light
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 05, 2011 03:41 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we shoot with 64T (Tungsten stock) for indoor under tungsten light we meed to set the internal filter (85) out. That is the rule.

Now what is the rule if we are shooting with E100D which is daylight stock?

Do we need to put an external filter? and what number?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Alexander Lechner
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2011 06:05 AM      Profile for Alexander Lechner   Email Alexander Lechner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With E100D the camera's internal filter has to be removed, always.
For interiour shots (tungsten light) you might use the filter 80A - makes shot 2 stops slower.

--------------------
Alex

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2011 04:28 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed; try here first, Winbert...

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFiles/TI2496.pdf

Then here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

[ August 06, 2011, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Rob Young. ]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 06, 2011 06:34 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi thanks guys for the info.

While I am looking for the 80A filter, can you tell me what will be the result if I am shooting under tungsten light without 80A filter (ps: internal filter 85 in the camera is removed).

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2011 07:30 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everything will look too orange Winbert.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2011 04:54 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

when you do have any digital camera, you can simply simulate the result of not using a filter under tungsten light by switching the white balance from "automatic" to "sun". Even though the camera will still try to compensate, you should notice that everything is too reddish or too orange or too warm ... (as long as the light is tungsten - some of the newer "Compact fluorescent lamps" or "LED lamps" emit a warmer light)
..when you don't have a digital camera, you might want to take a look at page 30 in Hoya's Catalog.

Jörg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC