8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Castle of Fu Manchu C. Lee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Castle of Fu Manchu C. Lee
Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2011 04:49 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello i have castle of fu manchu starring christopher lee
by hollywood film exchange,there were i think five films
starring c.lee,are there any more on super 8mm from this
series any info please thanks [Wink]

--------------------
t.smith

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 12, 2011 08:08 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure which Fu Manchu you have had, but I found that Marketing Films in Germany release many Fu Manchu titles.

BTW, I never seen Hollywood release of Fu Man Chu, would you be able to provide the scan please

--------------------
Winbert

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2011 11:39 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recall seeing "Castle" in an old Blackhawk catalog that was the HFE print you mentioned. It was also available through IVY FILMS years ago which could have been the same print and source. With the exception of the silent AMERICOM digest versions which came with the audio track on a record I've never seen any other super 8 sound Fu Manchu features advertised.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 12, 2011 12:04 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From goggling at least FACE OF FU MANCHU and HORROR OF FU MANCHU are on super 8mm.

But I have this below reel (400', sound, color) from German:

front cover:

-

back cover

-

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello winbert sorry cant scan box has no picture just says
hollywood film exchange,the fu manchu titles you have posted
who released them and were they features or digest thanks

--------------------
t.smith

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 12, 2011 01:14 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, as I said above:

quote:
(400', sound, color) from German
so it is a digest from Marketing Films, the German titles is literally translated as The Vengeance of Fu Manchu in Google English.

cheers,

[ August 12, 2011, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2011 01:51 PM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello winbert what about the other two you posted face,horror
are they also digest with german sound

--------------------
t.smith

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 12, 2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I only have the one with picture above. The other two only I found from a discussion in the internet. Perhaps other members can help you out.

--------------------
Winbert

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2018 06:23 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Won a print of this last week. Saw this old topic as I was curious as to what I was actually buying. I know 860 is silent and 880 is sound, but 766? Had no clue. Turns out it is the full sound feature. Faded of course. And it came with the original receipt and in the original shipping box from Blackhawk Films. (For those curious, it cost $149.98) I find this to be such a strange release, were there other films of this type put out by Blackhawk in the late 70s?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 08, 2018 04:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackhawk released Fu Manchu... I don't think so. This is not the type of Blackhawk releases.

I bet it was imported and Blackhawk acted as distributor. So I guess the 766 is to denote this nature.

ps: I have some Disney also with this kind of Blackhawk label code. But I forgot what numbers are stated there.

regards

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC