8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Digests on YouTube (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Digests on YouTube
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 27, 2013 04:03 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe has a point, but remember in the case of "A Clockwork Orange", it was the author of the piece Anthony Burgess that wielded the power,
and so it was not shown for years, also in the case of "Quatermass
2" with Nigel Kneale, the author, so be careful, it is a legal minefield.

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2013 07:07 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have HERCULES digest or can you get it?

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2013 07:22 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Laksmi.

I do not have a digest for the 1958 "Hercules". The only Derann film I own is the 600' "Raise the Titanic". I've not seen "Hercules" for sale online or from anyone here.

Does anyone have a copy they would like to sell or share as a video?

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2013 08:00 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry Lagler must have it he did a review . 1X400’ on Fuji Stock
DERANN release
Super 8 English sound

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000516

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today's digest is "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

It's the black & white silent version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG8MqKeAJSo

I picked the music from a YouTube list. I think it works well.

Enjoy!

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 04:22 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, I am trying for this digest for you, but when it was available, where were you?

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 09:20 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been reading the comments about copyright. What percentage of people own the copyright to the videos they post. You can download virtually any song or piece of music you can think off. Watch Abbott & Costello in films copyrighted by Universal. I posted some footage I took of R.A.F. air displays in the 70s, and got a message from Youtube saying my clips might be copyrighted. I own the copyright. I posted a recording from an obscure British record label more than 80 years old and received a message saying the ownership of the recording may belong to some media company in New Zealand.

It's not worth the risk posting Super 8 digests on Youtube, I think the laws would be a lot harsher in the US than the UK.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 03:02 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh I'm right here! When was it available ? All you need to do is sent me a PM.I just want digest of HERCULES.

--------------------

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2013 03:57 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite film is "The Poseidon Adventure" but I like this one too.

"The Towering Inferno". The highest grossing film of 1974.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40BBouXq4Y

I prefer the 3x400, which I may post, but the single 400' is a decent edit. It even includes a snip of the Academy Award-winning song "We May Never Love Like This Again" !

--------------------

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2013 03:32 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said a few years ago, the editors did a great job on this digest. It's one of my favorites.

"The African Queen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbr7IISnxiQ

--------------------

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2013 11:08 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a fun film from 1979.

"Love at First Bite"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtI3uY-eKA

The film is actually very red. I put two layers of blue cellophane over the lens.

--------------------

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2013 12:54 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Halloween is right around the corner so here's a little horror flick from 1979.

THE AMITYVILLE HORROR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8IhgyycPdg

This is the second copy I had. The first was completely faded. Sold both of them a few years ago.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC