8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig S938 on Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig S938 on Ebay
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2011 08:37 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For someone in UK and in the area this looks like a great deal, he even includes a bunch of extra stuff.
As a recent owner of one of these projectors, I can say, its a great one.
Eumig S938 Stereo

Cheers
Terry

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 11, 2011 08:54 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A steal at that price, and only 1 day left. I agree with Terry, the 938 is one great machine.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2011 08:19 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't believe this is stil at this low price. Come on you local boys, snap it up.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2011 01:02 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is mine! I bought it.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2012 12:02 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hats off to John White for sorting out this projector for me. It had really been hammered over the years with no maintenance whatsoever...I'm not sure the gate had ever properly been cleaned! The picture wasn't steady at all, the soundhead worn and the main motor rattled along with a noisey mechanism. For a very reasonable price, John has sorted it all out. It literally is like a factory-new machine. With a used soundhead fitted and many other mechanism parts replaced, it is a thorough joy to use.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 14, 2012 12:11 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Simon. Effortless is what I would use to describe using the 938. Auto threading is flawless, its as quiet as a mouse, it never scratches a single frame of film, film projection is rock steady, and the stereo sound is the best you will ever hear from a super 8 projector. Add to that its relatievly light weight, its great outboard sound/mixing console, and you have one of the best super 8 projectors that you can find. And it is utterly reliable.
The only improvement you can make is to get a high quality f1.0 lens for it.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2012 12:36 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul said:

"Flawless auto-thread....quiet as a mouse......never scratches.....rock-steady picture......great stereo sound......light-wieght.....

Paul, you just described my Bauer T610!! [Wink]

And seriously- those Eumigs are great machines. I'd like to have one as a back-up for the Bauer one day.

James.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC