8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Blackpool Details (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Blackpool Details
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 09, 2011 06:25 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn’t it wonderful to read all this enthusiasm for film and it does your heart good.
[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2011 02:50 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All stalls have now gone, so anyone with anything to sell can easily use the auction. This is well organised and you can get some pretty good prices for items you no longer need. The hotel is offering good food & drink, which you are allowed to take into the cinema, as David has organised tables & chairs in there. Not long to go now and it keeps on getting better!!

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2011 03:15 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow..I just can not wait to be there. [Smile]

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 04:45 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There will be a lunchtime special at The Cliffs...Hotpot with red cabbage! It's a one-off special for film collectors! As if you needed any other excuse to go!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 05:42 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re northwest film fair .not much to say realy as i am on my way tommorow friday .to get the show ready .hope to see all the regulars and new faces looking forward to seeing you all .watch out for the speed cameras on the prom as you drive towards the cliffs .i am looking forward to the hotpot .thanks david

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 12, 2011 02:38 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EE Hotpot.. Champion lad! [Big Grin]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2011 01:25 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I,m hearing good things about todays Blackpool event lots of dealers in attendance and a good turn out by our fellow collectors.

I will report back as soon as I hear more from my mate who attended today.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2011 02:30 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
I've just arrived home after the Blackpool event,I've never been to the event before(Derann)but thought it was a good day out,saw a few familiar faces and bought a few films.Attendance i thought was good so hope enough came to put on another in the future.Thanks to David and all involved,hopefully some pictures will appear of the day,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2011 03:33 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all , what a fantastic day .I bought lots of films .Big Thanks to organizers for a fantastic day .I am looking forward to next year
Leon

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2011 04:11 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i david guest would like to thank all the people who attended my film fair today .i would like to thank don sykes and bob nichols for doing the film shows .paul for helping out on the bring and buy .but a very special thanks to simom mcconway for helping me on saturday and a very early sunday morning .thank you very much simon for all your help to set up the hall well done . good news i have provisionally booked the rooms for next years film fair 2012 .i was pleased that everyone enjoyed it .thankyou david guest

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2011 04:21 PM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's David for a very enjoyable day, I myself never bought anything but still an excellent day and worth the 3 hour trip from the midlands. [Smile]

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2011 05:48 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A superb day in every way. Many dealers, loads of amazing bargains this year, and hearty laughs at the hotel on the Saturday night. Well worth the effort to get there and the hotel really did provide outstanding service. A joy! Thank you for your kind words David, it was all a great pleasure.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 14, 2011 03:29 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful fun weekend enjoying the delights of film and spending time with fellow collectors which was an absolute pleasure, and David plus his team staged a very professional event bringing something fresh to film collecting we felt. All the popular film gauges were represented on the day and trade was brisk particularly over the last hour or so. Classic Home Cinema had a healthy supply of new super 8 prints available and they most certainly are carrying the torch very high for the future of 8mm which was fantastic. The Cinema presentation was very slick so well done to the two professional projectionists who did outstanding work throughout the day for visitor’s pleasure. David added some nice touches to the event so hats off to you young fella!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 16, 2011 03:12 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, is anybody going to give us a full report with pics?

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 16, 2011 12:51 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must add to the positive feedback. I had a very enjoyable day and the mood was very different to the rather downbeat feel of last year. This year's event may have been scaled down a little in terms of the size of the cinema and dealers room, but it was great to see the latter bustling with collectors and packed full of dealers. I haven't bought so much for years as there were plenty of bargains to be found. Mine included some mint Laurel and Hardy two-reelers on S8 (Derann and Blackhawk releases) for only £10 each (as I bought a few) and a 16mm 1972 Children's Film Foundation feature with Robin Asquith (hopefully fully clothed throughout) - with good Agfa colour - for only £20!! The auction was entertaining and hopefullly some collectors will be providing race nites on 16mm, having bought the films for only £1 each!

I'm not sure if this is an ongoing trend, but although there was plenty of film on sale, Super 8 material from the 1980s revival onwards seems to be becoming relatively scarce at conventions, as is horror/fantasy material on any guague. Maybe this is what today's collectors are tending to hang on to.

So, many thanks to David Guest and all those who assisted him and helped to make it a great weekend. If you missed it, be relieved that enough of us went to ensure that there will be another opportunity next year! Derann's achievement of keeping the event going for 26 years will not be forgotten and it was good to see Gary Brocklehurst attending in relaxed mode. Rumours that he might appear behind a stall offering the remaining Derann stock proved false!

David indicated that he doesn't personally want to take on organising a dinner on the Saturday night, but would have no objection to someone else doing so. I'd like to see something that provides a focal point for collectors then, and this could possibly be an informal buffet, with or without a concluding film show. This could also boost the attendance as I heard of people who have previously travelled long distances to attend, who didn't do so this time because the event was "only" the Sunday. If anyone else has - or would like to start - a small 'working group' that could look further into providing something on the Saturday night, please let me know as I'd be willing to get involved in this.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 08:13 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks to David and all those involved in which was a very enjoyable weekend for me. I was impressed with the venue of the Cliffs Hotel, had a lovely time meeting fellow collectors, and have never bought so much at a convention before!
I am now the proud owner of a Beauelieu 708 EL Stereo which is in super condition and came with 4 X 2400 ft spools, one of which is full of recent trailers and adverts, all for £225. This is in my cinema next to the Fumeo 9139 Arc 300 Super 8 machine I came home with from Blackpool last year.
With a good selection of Classic Home Cinema's excellent brand new super 8 releases, as well as so many other films, the bargan of the day being the full feature of "Thats Entertainment" for £20. I have come away with plenty to keep me happy!
Looking forward to next year.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 09:02 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...a Beauelieu 708 EL Stereo which is in super condition and came with 4 X 2400 ft spools, one of which is full of recent trailers and adverts, all for £225.
Wow, that's a bit of a bargain . Nice one.
[Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 01:04 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re my film fair has any one got any picures as they would be nice to see .re table stalls .there was a total of 29 stalls

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 17, 2011 01:16 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds terrific. I would also love to see some pictures!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 02:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.a Beauelieu 708 EL Stereo which is in super condition and came with 4 X 2400 ft spools
Mark, are you sure there is no typing-error here?

or in fact there was such a big machine available in the market? [Confused]

--------------------
Winbert

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2011 02:23 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,
No typing error,They had the large reels on those machines,Great for features,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 17, 2011 02:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark - congratulations on what must surely be the 'buy of the day'! It's rare to have a chance to see a Beauelieu 708 EL Stereo, let alone buy one! I've just been reading about them via this article http://www.ibcinema.com/ib2006/super8/Beaulieu708EL.pdf which says that the fast pull down of the claw means that the light output (using the 150 watt lamp) matches a GS Xenon. That sounds extraordinary so I'd be interested to know if you find it's that bright.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2011 10:41 AM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTH WEST FILM FAIR PICTURES. [IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?
dir=uploads0503&file=Blackpool.19.jpg[/IMG]
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ November 18, 2011, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Don Sykes ]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2011 02:04 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fantastic photos i believe there is more to come cant wait to see them

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 19, 2011 02:13 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does John ever take that woolly hat off? [Smile]
Great pictures Don well done with those.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC