8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHINON 9500 belts anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHINON 9500 belts anyone?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 24, 2011 01:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody!

After about a year or so without being able to use my CHINON 9500, I now have the projector back up and running! SUCCESS!!

However, I've noted that the one belt in the projector is worn out and the projector will only run at a top speed of about 16 to 18 fps, (yes, I already checked the knobs in the projector for faster speed, so it is the belt).

Anyone have a spare one lying about?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2011 01:31 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Osi,

The 9500 has two belts, not counting the counter belt. Are you talking about the rubber belt that connects the motor with the shutter shaft or the upper metal one?

I don't think the speed problem is related to the belt but I have a few of each around here somewhere.

Jon

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC