8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CHINON 9500 repairs info ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CHINON 9500 repairs info ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 25, 2011 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I don't know if this info would help anyone, but I have my Chnon 9500 up and running (albeit, a little slow) and if this info helps anyone else, then that's cool.

My problem with my Chinon, was that the "blade" (I call it the blade), and the claw mechanism were not working at all. All the film did was pass through without "shuttering".

What I found, (after a year of trial and error) was the realization that both are connected in thier operation ...

I also noticed that, though the main "shaft" turned the fan that cools the lamp, I also noticed that that same shaft that goes from front to back, also ran not only before, but after the "blade" and claw mchanism.

Finally, OSI's little pilot light above his head, (note: neanderthal OSI does not have a big Halogen lamp above the head) told his brain ...

"Whats wrong is whatever tightens the claw and blade to that shaft in order to make it work"

Now, I had noticed that right before that blade, there is a littloe "hub" upon which there was what looked like a screw, but I was never able to tighten it.

A few days ago, upob closer scrutiny, I noticed that while it is in fact a screw, it has, on the screw, a "hexagon" pattern! That is, you need a little, small hexagon shaped tool that fits into the screw to tighten it.

Quite simply, all that was wrong was that the blade and claw were not tightened on this shaft. The blade and claw actually sit slightly back on that shaft and once I tightened it, presto!
Instant blade and shutter working just fine!

Now, if this is patently obvious to everybody else out there, then have a fun chuckle at my expense, I like a good joke as well.

However, if there are others that may well have given up on fixing this specific problem, then hopefully, I have helped you!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC