8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A-1 Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A-1 Video
Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2011 11:34 AM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to order Texas Tom from A-1 Video and I do not understand how to order with paypal through their website. There isn't a order here tab or anything and I am not sure how to email them so I can order something? HELP?

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 30, 2011 12:20 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant,

I've ordered from Alex many times. If you scroll halfway down this page on his site, you'll find his phone and email information. There is also paypal info there, however I'd suggest contacting him first.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2013 11:06 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for raising this old thread from the dead but is A-1 Video a good place to buy Super 8mm material?
Their website is a bit muddled but they sem to have a lot of nice material at reasonable prices.
Any personal experiences with them?

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 07:06 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've ordered from them and have been happy. It seems like sometimes the whole order process is a little slow.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 13, 2013 07:40 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been ordering from Al for years, just this past show at Columbus too - You won't find a more fair and knowledgeable tradesman - Recommend him highly, mention Shorty

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 07:59 AM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to hear. I just placed my first order.

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 08:50 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've ordered from Alex. An honest seller, sometimes it takes a while for films to be sent but all the films I've gotten were of excellent quality and Alex is very fair.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 09:54 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is that their website isn't up to date! I tried to order a film a while ago that was long since gone, and I see that it's still listed on there today....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 10:55 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've ordered from him, too and found it to be a most pleasant experience. Fast shipping and the item I bought was exactly as described. A very nice fella.

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2013 11:10 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe - His website is not up to date. He sent me an email today telling me that he currently doesn't have anyone to update the site so he's been working from a separate email list. He was to send me copy of the list tonight but I've not sen it yet...
There's so much inventory on the website it must be daunting to try and keep an email list up to date.

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2013 11:43 AM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what's going on with A-1... He's gone completely silent on any communication on my order.
He said he'd send me a list of available material out via email so far nothing. I tried calling but no answer. I've emailed several times to follow-up but no replies...
I guess I give up on A-1?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 19, 2013 12:20 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
keep away Lee, sounds a bit dodgey my son, let 'im contact you.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 19, 2013 04:30 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee,

I just heard back from Alex today, after quite a delay from my last email to him. Hopefully he'll get in touch with you shortly.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Lee Bombard
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2013 05:20 PM      Profile for Lee Bombard   Email Lee Bombard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He did about an hour ago... Still waiting on his list though.

I get that he's probably doing the best he can but I'd like to spend some money with him. [Smile]

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2013 09:30 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant, you realize the film he has is a 50ft version? not the whole cartoon.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2013 04:38 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, is it only me that never received an answer from him? A few years ago,I asked for a lengthy list of titles,at least $300 worth. He answered immediately and very politely that he would look over what he had and would let me know.Then,nothing. This was repeated three or four times,always with an immediate and polite "..thank you,I will look it over and let you know..." and then ...silence. I brought the topic to the forum and got the same answers from members,the same as today. ..."he is a nice man but a little slow....be patient..." etc. Well, after the same incident repeated at least four times, and I feeling ridiculed,I decided not to bother with him again.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 20, 2013 05:58 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just received my order from Columbus, all intact and beautiful, he ahs alot of customers, he does all this alone, taint easy and takes time, so the results are worth the wait - Al's okay - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC