8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-800 magnetic & optical projector... I think is rare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-800 magnetic & optical projector... I think is rare
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 30, 2011 05:41 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found this on Ebay:

Elmo ST 800 M-O Super 8 Sound projector VG condition

It is not so often seen on Ebay, so I believe this is rare.

But for the price is sold now ($152), I believe we better to buy ST-1200 MO with bigger reel capacity for a similar price, don't we?

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 30, 2011 06:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have both machines and like them both for different reasons. One big plus for ST-800 is the motor is speed regulated so the pitch of the soundtracks is more consistent.

When ST-1200 warms up and gets fully up to speed the sound is richer though. When I'm running something with a lot of music I tend to go with that machine.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 31, 2011 02:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never seen that model before. One that doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" but just the bare minimums of what you need. I like it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC