8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO ST 600: Up and Running! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ELMO ST 600: Up and Running!
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2011 12:17 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jon,

Thanks for these pictures, and suggestions, I used a piece of masking tape folded to a thickness of 1/16" and that worked until the tape piece got to flat.

I'll try your suggestions tonight and report back later with results,

My gratitude for your help!

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 14, 2011 02:12 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A big thanks to both Steve Klare and Jon Addams for their help in restoring this projector. The film is running through its path about 90% of the time -- hardly any gathering any more near the soundhead thanks to Jon tips on adjustment.

I'm using it regularly now and manually threading it when there is an issue with "gathering" or "crinkling". It only takes about a minute to do and it runs very smoothly.

One other issue that is now getting resolve when I run the Elmo is sound drop outs. I found that if you move the the silent/sound control back and forth, it brings back the sound without having to stop the screening. Once the sound is back it usually stays good the rest of the night.

Again, many thanks for your help...I really like this projector!

[Smile]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Caroline Tyson
Junior

- posted January 09, 2018 01:35 PM      Profile for Caroline Tyson   Email Caroline Tyson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I know I'm very late to this conversation, but I just want to say that I'm super grateful to google for brining me here!
I'm trying to get my family's old Elmo Sound ST 600M 2 track going so we can all relive our childhood memories in the form of home movies. Thanks to Gerald and Steve and the rest of you for making it really easy for me to figure out that all I need to do is replace the belt(s)!!! The one currently in the camera was broken into about 20 pieces.
I have been searching the forum for manuals but I haven't found the ones you guys mention (sorry for being obtuse) only a link to a site where you can buy them.
Would any of you mind taking a picture of your appropriately placed belts? According to what I found on eBay, there should be two, and it's not totally obvious to me where they go. I'd like to avoid accidentally breaking the sound wiring. [Smile]
Thanks very much!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 09, 2018 02:59 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caroline
I can't help with the belts, but I am sure someone will come to your rescue.
However, you can download for free the Instruction Manual.
Click on below, and when on the 8mm Projectors page, scroll down to Elmo ST-600 Projector and then click it.
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#8mm Projectors

--------------------
Maurice

Caroline Tyson
Junior

- posted January 11, 2018 02:06 PM      Profile for Caroline Tyson   Email Caroline Tyson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much, Maurice!! Even if the normal manual doesn't show the belts, it's great to have some actual instructions! I was a little kid the last time the projector ran and even though I remember watching my dad, it's great to have a proper manual. [Smile]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 11, 2018 02:22 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caroline - a warm welcome to the forum. I must say how refreshing it is to hear of a family eager to experience the fun and better picture quality that will come from projecting home movies on a screen, instead of making plans to get rid of any such equipment having (e.g.) checked the films and bought a DVD transfer!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2018 10:29 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There may be blown fuses.

Caroline Tyson
Junior

- posted January 13, 2018 12:53 PM      Profile for Caroline Tyson   Email Caroline Tyson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the warm welcome, Adrian! We haven't told my 80yo dad about this project (my mom helped me sneak the equipment out of the house) and my brother and I are getting pretty excited about the surprise screening we're planning. I guess we better not get too carried away until we know it'll work.....

William - the machine makes noise and the light works.... but the belts had decayed. Hopefully new belts will fix it, as described above! If not, I'll explore fuses next. Thanks for the tip.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 13, 2018 01:50 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caroline
Did you see the new Topic I opened on your behalf, and the reply about the belts?
"Elmo ST 600M Belts".

--------------------
Maurice

Caroline Tyson
Junior

- posted January 13, 2018 09:13 PM      Profile for Caroline Tyson   Email Caroline Tyson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the warm welcome, Adrian! We haven't told my 80yo dad about this project (my mom helped me sneak the equipment out of the house) and my brother and I are getting pretty excited about the surprise screening we're planning. I guess we better not get too carried away until we know it'll work.....

William - the machine makes noise and the light works.... but the belts had decayed. Hopefully new belts will fix it, as described above! If not, I'll explore fuses next. Thanks for the tip.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 14, 2018 01:50 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caroline - that sounds like a great surprise you have lined up for your dad! You're using a relatively straightforward projector, so with luck there won't be difficulties once you have new belts. You may possibly find that you need to make or remake the odd splice and possibly add some leader, depending on what shape the films are in. If you need to buy a spare lamp, it's a very inexpensive type.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC