8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » MURDER INC BOGART FEATURES ON SUPER 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MURDER INC BOGART FEATURES ON SUPER 8
Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2011 06:00 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have just purchased murder inc aka the enforcer released by
mountain films on 4x400ft reels which makes be ask how many
bogart full or abridged features are there on super 8mm i dont
mean the 2x400ft releases by derann, any ideas [Confused]

--------------------
t.smith

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2011 09:11 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have got the Ken 6X400ft "Casablanca" and the Derann 4X600ft "To Have And Have Not" as well as the Barry Wiles 5X400ft release of "Stand In" which I bought from you. "The African Queen" feature often turns up, and I think that "Dead End" and "The Petrified Forest" might have been released in the US but I'm not sure.

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2011 08:51 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello paul how are you,thanks for post i thought nobody would
reply to post have you seen a print of murder inc before good
early print from mountain and a rare warner brothers feature
on super 8mm

--------------------
t.smith

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2011 11:46 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
I didn't know that Mountain had released that title on Super 8 as a 4X400ft feature. I must add that title to my growing wish list of Super 8 vintage features.

Paul.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2011 11:44 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I would love to see screen shots someday of the Ken Films:
Casablanca and To Have and Have Not.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2011 05:12 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,
I will give it a go but I have never tried to take screenshots before as I only have an old Fuji digital camera and the one I regularly use for snaps on my mobile phone. Still it will be fun just to see how it turns out.

Paul.

Jonathan Sanders
Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2011 07:38 AM      Profile for Jonathan Sanders   Email Jonathan Sanders   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1934 film MIDNIGHT (aka "Call it Murder") with Bogart in a supporting role was issued on Super 8 by Niles and maybe others.

From the later part of his career, BEAT THE DEVIL has been a Public Domain favourite in the video era - did its copyright lapse early enough to be released on 8mm?

There are also two Bogart biographies on 8mm - the half-hour "Hollywood & the Stars" episode I mentioned in the Collectors Club thread and the 55 minute colour production BOGART.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2011 04:51 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul, it sounds like a plan.

Blackhawk offered a Bogart feature, but he was not the star.
I do not remember the name of the title.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC