8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » One Month On

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One Month On
William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2011 09:29 PM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's now a month since I found this Forum and due to that I now know of:
1) Dealers of Super 8 commercial films (Have recently ordered my first S8 prints in over 30 years)
2) The existence of higher end S8 projectors including (Drool) the Elmo GS 1200 Xenon and also the Fumeo.
3) Current film care techniques including Film Guard and Film O Clean (Mine arrived on Friday, yet to set up)
4) An Australian projector technician (I'll be in touch Frank!)
5) The problems with old print stock and existence of newer low fade stocks.
6) Using 'Scope' for S8.
7) Current status of sound stripe services including application on polyester/acetate bases and the alternative methods, laminate/paste.
8) And I keep finding more.
The 8mm Forum is a great resource. The best thing I've found on the internet in ages.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2011 01:31 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William...I agree it is a great place for info on this wonderful hobby. I read the forum almost every day.

Great people too!

Bill [Smile]

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2011 04:41 PM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree Bill, it's the people that involve themselves in the 8mm Forum that make it great.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 06, 2011 04:50 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best place and best people I have ever found anywhere! The amount of knowledge amassed here is unbelievable. And someone is always ready to help.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 07, 2011 07:58 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, William, you have probably already absorbed more information in a month than some of us manage in years!

Great to hear that you are supporting new product on Super 8. Must say I'm curious to know what you opted to buy to end your 30 year break?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC