8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » dual-8mm Elmo K-100SM film projector repair manual/instructions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dual-8mm Elmo K-100SM film projector repair manual/instructions
Steven Dotsch
Junior

- posted November 06, 2011 12:15 PM      Profile for Steven Dotsch   Email Steven Dotsch       Edit/Delete Post 
In 1980, my father bought a dual-8mm Elmo K-100SM film projector. Unfortunately the projector belts are gone. I note that you sell replacements, which is great, but, while we have the instruction manual, I am trying to locate the projector's repair manual as the instruction manual does not include information on how to replace the projector belts.

Has anybody the repair manual? Or can you help/describe or add a copy of the respectve pages if you have them?

Kind regards
Steven Dotsch

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2011 01:13 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steven,

This projector needs two belts, a long one used to rotate the spindles and a short one which rotates the shutter.

The Elmo K-100SM has a diagram printed in the inside back cover showing the belting how to install the long belt (at least that has been the case of the few I've owned thru the years), the short belt is simple to install, it goes from the motor fan to the grooved wheel on the shutter shaft.

I've been searching for a service manual for several years without luck.

I hope this helps,

Jon

Steven Dotsch
Junior

- posted November 07, 2011 02:55 AM      Profile for Steven Dotsch   Email Steven Dotsch       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Jon, unfortunately diagram has faded away.
Can anybody who has digitised the diagram let me know, please.

Thanks

Steven

Alan Billing
Junior

- posted December 05, 2011 11:26 AM      Profile for Alan Billing   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Billing       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Steven:

I seem to have the same problem as you with my K-100SM. But mine still has the belt routing picture on it. An image is included (I hope).

-

I need new belts too. Where are you getting them from?

Regards,

Alan Billing

Steven Dotsch
Junior

- posted December 06, 2011 03:44 AM      Profile for Steven Dotsch   Email Steven Dotsch       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan

That's great.

In the meantime I have found a seller of the belts, and bought via paypal. They are based in the UK, called E.S.Photographics run by Eddie Smyth

For a full list of our services and contact/address/payment details; visit www.esphotographics.com

E.S.Photographics: 96 Leverington Common, Leverington, Wisbech, CAMBS, PE13 5BW. Tel: 07894 302285.

Alan Billing
Junior

- posted December 16, 2011 07:52 PM      Profile for Alan Billing   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Billing       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Steven:

I hope the belt diagram helped. Many thanks for the belt source contact, I have sent an e-mail enqiry.

All the best for the holidays,

Alan

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC