8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » AMAZING JAPANESE 8MM SITE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AMAZING JAPANESE 8MM SITE!
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 03:32 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Searching for the everlasting solution to my temporary sound problem, I had to start translating some Japanese web pages and found the most interesting 8mm site (other than this one). Here is the link to the main page:

http://komorebi-club.main.jp/8mm.html

I'm still translating a page at a time, sometimes paragraphs at a time but, there is a lot of great info and very good detailed pictures, check it out and "Enjoy the 8 - mm"!

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 10, 2011 08:21 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great site Gerald. Thanks! [Big Grin]

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 12:06 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Pat. I found the "Maintenance and repair of projector" of this site extremely helpful and insightful. Still, looking an reading through other sections of the site and finding awesome information...

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 10, 2011 12:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Japan is the first or second largest super 8mm users based on per capita. Super 8mm is still taught in many High Schools as part of their curriculum.

No wonder that lab can still be found in the neighborhood (read on the above link, the writer usually drop his film to his local shop).

It is only because Japanese people don't really speak and write in English, so they do not join in English speaking forum.

I am talking about super 8mm from film shooting side not the collecting side. I don't know if collecting hobby is also growing there, since they also do not really like to watch movie in other language than Japanese.

Anyway, those Elmos, Sankyos, Chinons, Fujicas, Yashicas, Minoltas, etc that we are praise a lot here are all Japanese made [Big Grin]

I don't know if those machines are lying around for free in the garbage compound as Japanese like to throw away something they no longer use.

Anyone here want to make a trip to Japan to collect those "garbage" ? [Razz]

--------------------
Winbert

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 03:14 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was my logic for looking at Japanese sites to find the right answer: they make the projectors! The link I found was the very first one on the list and there are hundreds. And it worked, I could now add an Elmo to my projector collection and know that there is support both here and in Japanese.

Did you see the links as well? Some are very good! There are some youtube videos posted on the site that show you how to develop your Super 8 film at home, saving much money for those that still shoot on small gauge formats. If the Japanese are still using and selling Super 8, there may be more projector headed our way from those that may discard them on eBay or elsewhere. Thus, more parts, lower costs, more for the collector to enjoy!

--------------------

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 04:43 PM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take from the above you guys are getting the posts translated but I'm having no luck. Looks interesting though.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 10, 2011 04:44 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the other largest country (based on per capita) to have super 8mm as film collecting and film shooting groups is Germany. And the good think is they have balance numbers on both side.

May be our forum member from Germany can chime in...

--------------------
Winbert

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2011 05:58 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey William,

Here is a link to a Google translated page.

--------------------

William Mouroukas
Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2011 03:44 AM      Profile for William Mouroukas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Gerald. I've always wanted to go to Japan.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC