8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » record super 8 to dvd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: record super 8 to dvd
Harry Brown
Junior

- posted November 21, 2011 10:38 AM      Profile for Harry Brown   Email Harry Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

just joined the forum, looking for some advice please.

I have found some old super 8 home movies and would like to transfer unto my PC for creating DVD's

Could really do with some sound advice on best way to achieve good results.

Many thanks
Harry

--------------------
Harry Brown

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 21, 2011 10:48 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry welcome to the forum. There are so many posts recently about DIY transfer. If you can search, you will find plenty information.

But one thing for sure that members always warned here, if those are precious films that you want them to be the heritage for the next generation, then go to the professional service doing this job rather than DIY which gives poor result.

Plenty lab/services on Ebay UK right now offering such job.

Good luck

--------------------
Winbert

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2011 05:49 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It takes a lot of practice and some extra equipment to do reasonable cine to video transfers yourself. However, if you're prepared to put up with something a bit second-rate then if you have a projector with a 3-bladed shutter that can be slowed down to 16.66fps then it is possible to video off the wall. The results will be comparably wishy-washy to an aerial image transfer but my be adequate for what you're after.

If your projector has a 2-bladed shutter then you need to speed it up to 25fps.

If you opt for someone to do the transfers for you then you really need to find someone who has been into cine film over the years as some of the people advertising on eBay and places have gone into it for other reasons. Keith Wilton is the biggest cine enthusiast to offer transfers and the most amazing thing is he is actually recommended by Kodak.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Harry Brown
Junior

- posted November 25, 2011 02:57 PM      Profile for Harry Brown   Email Harry Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi john

how do i contact Keith Wilton?

thanks
harry

--------------------
Harry Brown

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2011 05:15 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just sent you a Private Message Harry. Let me know if you don't get it for any reason.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC