8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » bauer or braun?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bauer or braun?
Viktor Gibarti
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2011 12:00 PM      Profile for Viktor Gibarti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

which one is the better sound projector? The bauer T600 or Braun visacustic 1000?

Thanks4

|  IP: Logged

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2011 12:58 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Viktor,
From my personal experience the T600 is better than visacustic 1000.
Probably not all people here will agree, but again, I own both and for me the Bauer suffers of less problems than Braun.
Furthemore the T600 is Stereo while the visa 1000 is duoplay only...

Bye
Flavio

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2011 02:38 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not include the outstanding Visacustic 2000 - a perfect example of a company tweaking an existing model (1000) based on the comments from real film people instead of company accountants

Viktor Gibarti
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2011 11:40 AM      Profile for Viktor Gibarti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you!

And posseible projecting silent film with bauer t600 projector? i mean: the film is pressing to sound head in silent system?

Thanks.

Sorry my english... [Smile]

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2011 01:35 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Viktor,

not sure to have understood your question...
Are you asking if there is the possibility that the film doesn't touch the sound head if it is a mute film in the T600?
If this, the answer is no.
I'm not even sure if the Visacustic will prevent this when used in the mute position of the main knob...

Flavio

Viktor Gibarti
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2011 10:34 PM      Profile for Viktor Gibarti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flavio,

you are right! You understand my bad english... [Smile]

I hesitate between bauert T600 and the elmo st-1200 HD projector....what do you think? The film is dosen't touch sondhead if it is a mute film in the elmo st-1200 HD?

Thanks,
viktor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC