8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ELMO ST-800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ELMO ST-800
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2011 12:28 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where I can find a "SC-002" Cord Adapter so that I can add extension speakers for the Elmo ST-800?
Thanks,
Roger

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 27, 2011 01:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your chances of finding the real Elmo cord are pretty slim, but if you are handy with a soldering iron you can make one for yourself.

The hard part is getting the plug that goes into the external speaker jack. They are unusual in the US but pretty common in the UK.

Here's one:

Maplins

Others here have found them on E-bay.

Remember: The speaker output on these is meant for a single 8 ohm speaker. Other combinations of speakers on that line may not work right and could blow out the projector's internal amp.

I have the ST-800 and have great results using its Aux. audio output connected into my stereo amp, but that gets awfully involved in terms of connections, grounding and hum.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 28, 2011 12:01 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure Steve Osborne also sells those plugs - I've seen ads in The Reel Image.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC