8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Concerned about my Eumig P8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerned about my Eumig P8
Rick Swolfs
Junior

- posted November 27, 2011 02:29 PM      Profile for Rick Swolfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, I bought a beautiful Eumig P8 a few days ago, but I am concerned about some things.

1. When I had it turned on for some time, it smoked a little bit, now I've heard that that can be just dust on the lamp, and it has been sitting unprotected in the thrift store for quite a lot of time, so that seems accurate. I cleaned the lamp, and it didn't smoke again, but I am still a bit concerned; the smoke came from the part circled in red (please take a look at attachment), I would rather expect smoke from the bulb come through the roster on the top, instead of there;

-

2. It seems to not turn the spool consistently, instead it does so a bit stuttering, I didn't try putting on any film yet, so it may be just that.

3. I have read about a heat-absorbing filter being put in front of the film when the film speed reaches zero, but my projector seems to take about 10 seconds for the lamp to actually go dim, is this another symptom of running it without film?

Thanks in advance, I really come to like this thing and would like to see that it's working!
Rick Swolfs

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2011 10:03 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure the voltage setting on the back of the projector is correct for your area.
UNPLUG THE PROJECTOR....then unscrew the top screw near the lamphouse and open the projector up by pulling apart the machine in two halves.
You will see , I believe four red marks next to small holes along the main drive shaft that runs across the length of the projector....these are the key lubrication points. I would put in two drops of oil in each one.
After that, screw the machine back together and try running it again at a slow speed.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC