8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 3rd Elmo sorted by Bill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3rd Elmo sorted by Bill
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 28, 2011 03:37 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently i won an Elmoo 1200HD on e bay, i knew exactly what i was getting so after a quick test, replaced three belts and fitted a newly turned shutter. Unfortunatly i didnt have the success i usually have with my own repair so there was only one option left.After my previous two 1200s were serviced and fixed up by Bill Parsons i dispatched our newest addition to him.
I explained what i did and suffice to say it has been returned to me in 100% perfect working order, running quite, smooth and not a single hint of any wow and flutter on the sound.
thanks Bill if your reading, anyone wanting a first rate proffesional repair to there machine really should consider this option, no one knows the Elmo range like Bill does, i have to say we do wish we had done this years ago, however, now im sure there sorted for years to come and even with the repair cost, (which was more than reasonable) the latest purchase was a bargain. 100% thanks [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2011 03:18 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran the feature print of 'The Terminator' through the BFCC convention machine at the weekend and all these years after Bill serviced and converted it to HTI illumination it's still perfect.

Top bloke!

Now I think I want to find a Fumeo like that Alan Rik fella' over there in the colonies.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 01, 2011 06:36 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too had Bill help me on a Fumeo machine. He walked me through an alignment procedure and took the time out to send diagrams. Really an asset to the Super 8 group!
If he were located in the US or I in England he would be my main go to guy.
Isn't the internet a beautiful thing? [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC