8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann closure...higher prices for Features?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann closure...higher prices for Features?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 01, 2011 02:05 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have noticed that since Derann has closed the price of full length features are going through the roof. Do you think this trend will continue? I realize that prints will be harder to come by but I hope this isn't a lasting trend. I saw a lot of prints I would have liked to purchase but the prices are so much higher than they ever were.
Thoughts?

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 01, 2011 02:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it will calm down after a little while, but as the years go by, most certainly, prices may end up a little higher ...

... but that's as long as someone still has a projector, shuttering away!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 02, 2011 12:06 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup I also think second had films will calm down next year although the latter Derann releases will stay at top price. New releases will be priced accordingly as neg costs along are massive as I found out recently myself. The main thing is to try and buy something new to keep the lab going and businesses committed to supplying new 8mm releases. Classic Home Cinema have made a huge commitment to 8mm in both word and deed with more new releases planned for 2012 which is so very welcome. After lengthy discussions with Phil it is clear he is striding forth and a committed professional to keep our hobby going with new and used films. He is indeed 'the 8mm man'

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 02, 2011 01:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look, I almost hate throwing this out there, (actually, for those who subscribe, it's already common knowledge), but Steve Osbourne of "Reel Image" magazine, stated that there is a brand new 600ft digest of a hit film coming out on super 8. Steve has not given details as to what it is, but the edit is moving along on it!

Contact Steve Osbourne of "Reel Images" to find out info. If anything, the more interest he hears, could mean even better chances of it making it to finished digest print!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 03:17 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interested to know the title although I think it could be something along the lines of "The medium is the..."

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC