8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!!!
Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 12:31 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question,is it possible to use a 16mm rewinder for my super8 movies,is there i don't know how to say in enlish a plastic piece to put into the reel so that i can click it on my rewinder?

Let me know!

Thanks [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

|  IP: Logged

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 12:41 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen,

Yes, it's possible to use a Regular 8 adapter on a Super 8 reel and mount it on your 16mm rewinds. If your rewinds have a clutch, use it to keep the reels in place. If you don't have an adaptor, you can use cotton in the hole and make sure you use a clutch to keep the reels in place.

That is what I do with my rewinds, I rarely rewind films on the projector any more.

I hope this helps! [Smile]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 03:10 PM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jeroen,

Best way to do this is like that:
http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/02_filmb/umroller.php

It is not the cheapest solution but a very good one. I have a pair of those (silver ones) and I use them all the time. As I know you use 1200 feet reels, using metal adaptors is much safer and comfortable than using plastic regular 8 adapters. Of course they are fine too but only for occasional use in my opinion.

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 04:54 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry Urbanski actually sells Super 8 adapters for 16mm rewinds. I got a pair when I bought mine a few years ago.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 05:57 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the best way to do it is to order the adapters that Roy Neill (who made the great FILM-O-CLEAN) has made that slide over the 16mm spindle and tighten down. You can order them from him directly or through Steve Osborne at the Reel Image..

Film Supply

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2011 06:27 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright guys,much thanks for the info [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC