8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 700

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 700
Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted December 04, 2011 08:24 AM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am new to this post.
I picked up a Sankyo sound 700 for transfer of my old 8mm films, which slows down after starting, and sometimes doesnt move at all.
On closer inspection the motor belt is slipping.
Q. Is this usually a stretched belt condition or will a good gear cleaning relube, fix it? I can order a new set of belts but wondered if this condition is due to old lube?
Also the takeup reel clip is not holding the reel, how are these
removed from the arms? Are they replaceable? I use tape to hold it on right now.

Thanks
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2011 10:42 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess would be the belt. Remove the back and run the machine. You should be able to tell if the belt is slipping by watching it and the motor pulley. That machine is not so old that I would suspect lube problems. It doesn't require lube by the end user and is not packed with grease as older machines were.

Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted December 09, 2011 10:38 AM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry,
Think I will order a belt set.
Another problem is that the film wraps aroungd the first loading sprocket on loading. Any adjustments for this? Workaround is to load manually...

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2011 04:47 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have the instruction manual? If not, here is the steps. It is important that the starting tip of the film is trimmed correctly...use the trimmer provided. The tip should also be straight with no kinks or bends.
 -

Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted December 11, 2011 09:38 AM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, Thanks for taking the time to post the load instructions.
I did find a manual online for the 800 which I think is similar to my 700.
I am now loading it correctly and it seems to be working most times.
Playing a film,I experienced quite a bit of "flutter" or "Jitter", the manual sujests pressing the "thread laver" several times, I guess this creates a bigger Loop buffer.I will give this a try.
Also interested in knowing where is best place to order belts in North America, preferably Canada?

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 11, 2011 06:26 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are at least two companies at Ebay selling belts (the ebay id somethong like, isellbelts & projectorbelts, maybe other can give the correct ID). They are located in the USA. However, ordering from US only cost $2.80 for shipping cost, this is even cheaper than using Canada Post for within Canada :-)

--------------------
Winbert

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 11, 2011 06:38 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
isellprojectorbelts is the correct seller name on ebay.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2011 11:28 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can skip Ebay and email Mark McWilliams directly at: projectorbelts@mchsi.com

His Paypal account name is the same as the email address. Check Janice Glesser's thread in this forum about jitters on her Sankyo projector. It is a different model but Doktor Frank gives her a solution to the jitters and loop problem.

Tony Mazzucco
Junior

- posted December 12, 2011 08:02 AM      Profile for Tony Mazzucco   Email Tony Mazzucco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to all for the great info.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC