8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » SHUTTER SYNC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SHUTTER SYNC
Kevin Sauce
Junior

- posted December 05, 2011 09:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Sauce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Chinon 4100 projector a friend gave me to transfer some film to dvd with. Don't think it has ever been used. Put a new belt on it and all seems to work fine except I cannot get the frames adjusted enough to see the picture. Sound works fine. Tried 18 & 24 fps and adjusted the speed control and frame control. You can see the film drive slots a bit in the picture but it is engaged correctly on both spools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Definately using Super 8 film. Made the regular 8 mistake years ago on a different projector. What I see appear to be slots in what is showing on the screen. I have looked at both drive wheels and the slots are engaged correctly.

[ December 05, 2011, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Sauce ]

--------------------
Kevin Sauce

|  IP: Logged

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2011 11:08 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a super 8mm projector. Are you sure you are watching super 8mm film and not regular 8mm film. The reason I ask is because you stated that you can see the film drive slots in the picture. Super 8mm film has smaller perforations than regular 8mm film. On regular 8mm film the perforations are located between the frames and super 8mm the perforations are located in the center of each frame.

Super 8 and regular 8mm film

With a super 8mm projector you will never get the picture framed properly if you are running regular 8mm film. You may also damage the film.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC