8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » An idea for Christian (and all computer geek) about stereo sound sync

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An idea for Christian (and all computer geek) about stereo sound sync
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 26, 2011 11:04 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian and all computer geek, following Jeroen's post about re-recording sound from DVD to 8mm film, I come up with an idea which you may find the answer.

I remember back to 1980s there was a game console (a sort of ATARI) used normal cassete tape as the medium.

I believe the head is reading data from the magnetic tape to be translated into binary systems (= digital)

Now, if we use that system to place data onto one of the stripe (best will be on balance stripe) it can be used to control the sound right?

So we place a signal on balance stripe (e.g) every 2 seconds, it can synch with sound from our computer with the same code.

So if we stop the projector, meaning the signal is also stopped, and the computer will stop reading too.

By doing this, we can still keep the original sound on main strip and people who cannot play with the computer can still use it.

Can you elaborate this possibility?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC