8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-800 Super 8 Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-800 Super 8 Projector
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2012 08:33 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I recently bought an Elmo ST-800 Projector and it came with the standard F/1.3 lens. Is there a better lens that I can get to make the films a bit sharper? And if so are they hard to come by and also expensive?

Thanks,
Roger

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 09, 2012 09:30 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are to kind faster lens for this Elmo, ie. 1.1 and 1.0.

You can get 1.1 easier than 1.0 (very RARE!!).

Once you have 1.1, you will see the diffferent with your 1.3. It is very much sharper and brighter.

A 1.1 will be around $70-$150/each.

All Elmo GS1200 originally came with 1.1

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 09, 2012 09:44 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Roger on your new Elmo. I just bought a ST800 also...I haven't received it yet, but it most likely has the 1.3 lens. I'll just have to see the images projected with this lens first before deciding if it's worth an upgrade.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2012 10:17 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Congrats Roger on your new Elmo. I just bought a ST800 also...I haven't received it yet, but it most likely has the 1.3 lens. I'll just have to see the images projected with this lens first before deciding if it's worth an upgrade."
Hello Janice,

Have nice visit in Boston and a safe return home.

IMHO, there is no comparison between a 1.1 and a 1.3 lens on an Elmo. Whatever brightness you see with a 1.3 will be at least 30% brighter with a 1.1. That's a lot of light. [Wink] [Wink]

Enjoy the grandchildren, I'll be in Boston visiting mine in the first week of March.

Jon

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2012 01:05 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Winbert & Jon

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC