8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Load-matic Projector 8mm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Load-matic Projector 8mm
Vasilis Petrou
Junior

- posted January 16, 2012 08:34 AM      Profile for Vasilis Petrou   Email Vasilis Petrou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I recently found my grandfather's projector, which is a Sankyo Load-Matic one:

-

I do not know if it still work as it was missing the drive belts (which I just ordered from ebay). But it seems to be in a good condition.

If someone knows any more information about this projector, please share it with me:
- What year it was made ?
- What is the model number ?
- Does anyone has a pdf manual of this ? or knows where to get one ?
- Is this a rare one ?

Thank you,
Vasilis

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2012 05:46 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vasilis
Your Sankyo is a common version of this model projector. It is straight Standard 8mm in this form.
Branded with a few different names on the world market including Titan in Australia.

These have 2 belts. A shuttershaft belt and a second belt that drives another countershaft shaft above that drives the both reel spindles. It uses a worm and wormwheel gearing at both ends of the shaft. So this is a smooth and quiet projector.

To replace both belts will take quite a bit of careful dismantling and assembly of the internals. Almost complete dismantling. If you need advice on this I will help.

These can work very well if serviced properly. They have a disc clutch to provide shielded freeze frame & also equipped with external variable speed.

The 1st thing to do is look at the lens to see if its clear. If thats Ok then go ahead with the service and good luck with it.
Let us know how it goes...
dogtor frankarnstein [Wink]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Vasilis Petrou
Junior

- posted February 05, 2012 12:33 PM      Profile for Vasilis Petrou   Email Vasilis Petrou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally replaced the belt, and everything seems to work fine.

But there is a problem:
the front wheel (where the movie film is located) seems to run faster than it should and the film drop down 'to the floor'.

Any help is highly appreciated.

******* Update:
I completely removed the front arm gear (so it does not give motion to the front arm), and seems to work better.
But probably it was not a design fault, so can anyone please help me fine tune the projector ?
Here are the internals of the projector and the removed gear:
https://picasaweb.google.com/niwis.at/Sankyo?authkey=Gv1sRgCLXS5Lbgyq-B0QE#5706098748784607026

[ February 06, 2012, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Vasilis Petrou ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC