8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo Help Required.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo Help Required.
John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 02:19 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently purchased an Elmo VP-D100 dual format projector on Ebay. It is in excellent cosmetic condition but needed new belts, which I have now replaced and fitted correctly over the quite complicated belt path. The problem I have is that although the film threads well and take up reel turns nicely, every now and then there is a screeching noise and the transport cogs disengage, rather as they would if pressing the loop restoring button.Once disengaged, they then refuse to go back into place without restarting the projector. The cogs have been newly greased (after removing the old gunk first)but this hasn't solved the problem. I have played with the belt tensioner but to no avail. Any ideas what is likely to be causing this issue? I'd love to be able to sort it, as otherwise it's a really nice compact projector, and with it's variable speeds, would be excellent for telecine work.

|  IP: Logged

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 04:24 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may not be able to solve the problem but can I ask for some pictures? Pics will go a long way in understanding the problem.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2012 08:46 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be having a good look at the worm drive gear and see if its got a crack. [Cool]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC