8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig P8 taken apart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig P8 taken apart
Sjef Janssen
Junior

- posted January 19, 2012 01:45 PM      Profile for Sjef Janssen   Author's Homepage   Email Sjef Janssen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently got my late fathers Eumig P8 Phonomatic novo back from a far away friend who has allegedly renovated the projector.
First I found out the light bulb is not the right one. Now replaced for the coorect type.
Then I tried to align the lamp as described in the manual. But something seemed to be faulty. So I started to (audaciously) take the projector apart to find out why something is blocking the light inside the housing.
This is what I found out.
Let me start from the gate. When you go from the gate to the mirror you will encounter the shutter, then there is some kind of thin metal plate that seems to fall a bit forward, hinged on the bottom side. It is effectively blocking the light stream. Then there is a small lens that flips upwards when the still projection button is operated. Then there is the condensor, the light bulb and the mirror.
Now, I can not think of anything this metal plate is doing there. Is there anybody who may enlighten me. Or is there anybody who happens to have a technical / repair manual lying around or knows how to get one.
It would be of great help!!

|  IP: Logged

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2012 04:30 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sjef

The part you are talking about is the air operated fire shutter.
This shutter is forced open by the stream of air from the motor fan and then the light is allowed to come through the lens.

At slow speed, gravity overcomes the air pressure and the fire shutter will fall again, blocking the light and protecting your film from burn. Speed up the motor and it should again arise.

good luck with it.

dogtor frankarnstein [Wink]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

Sjef Janssen
Junior

- posted January 20, 2012 03:20 AM      Profile for Sjef Janssen   Author's Homepage   Email Sjef Janssen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Dr. F.
I will have to first put together again all the little parts before I can try this. That's what's on the program today.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC