8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-1200: Sound, amplifier & record button issues

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo ST-1200: Sound, amplifier & record button issues
Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2012 09:12 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I spent the past week working on my ST-1200 as and when I had time. Thanks to several forum members who responded, the picture is now excellent. However, there is no sound. Other users had similar questions on the forum and I followed those suggestions by forum members. Here's what I have done:

1. Sound head: made sure it rocks forward when the main power control knob is turned to F, dismantled the assembly as much as I could and cleaned the area.
2. Amplifier: took off screws, pulled it out as much as the wires would extend, cleaned the circuit board, checked to ensure all wires were connected and not hanging loose.

On one of the posts, there was a mention of pressing the record button in and out a few times. I have a problem here. In the picture, we see the red record button that can be pressed in and released by pulling up the small piece of metal under it. I can only do this when I have unscrewed the amplifier unit and not when it is screwed on. So, the red button can only stay out when the amplifier unit is screwed on. Surely, this isn't right, is it?

Please help! All I hear is a pop when I turn on the amplifier.

-

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 19, 2012 09:20 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you open the back cover, the speaker wire connection will always automatically pulled out too. Did you re-connect it when you put the back cover back?

--------------------
Winbert

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2012 11:49 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, here's the picture. You see, all wires are connected.

-

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 19, 2012 11:56 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay, that's the front part. What i meant was when you changed the belt you must have opened the back cover. The speaker is attached to the cover. If you pulled out the back cover then the wire will be disconected.

Many people forgot to re-connect it when put the cover back resulting no sound is heard.

ps: but since you say that you heard "pop" sound when you turn the projector on, my advice above is most unlikely to happen. Pop means there is a connection between amplifier and the speaker. But just in case, please check the speaker connection

--------------------
Winbert

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2012 12:10 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Winbert. I misunderstood. Here's a picture, looks fine, I guess.

-

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 20, 2012 01:37 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaah.... yes, your projector uses direct contact like that. Some projectors use male/female connector that can create a problem as I mentioned above.

So perhaps other members can help you.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC