8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kodak Moviedeck 465, working or not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak Moviedeck 465, working or not?
James Culbertson
Junior

- posted January 22, 2012 05:43 AM      Profile for James Culbertson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently picked up a Kodak Moviedeck 465 from a flea market. When plugged in, the lamp comes on, the motor seems to run but I cant seem to load film into it. I suspect that the gate (impossible to get to)might have dust or be gummed up. My question is this, under the deck there is a take up reel that I guess should be moving? So when I turn the switch to load film, should that wheel be moving? Is this why the film wont load? Is this a belt problem? Gear?
Anyone who owns one or has used one feel free to give me some hints. I think it was sitting for quite some time.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 22, 2012 06:05 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, That reel underneath should be turning. That is the permanent take up reel. Make sure the selector switch on the top is in the right position. The film feeds right where the small roller is on the top. Does the film feed at all. then stop? There is a way to clear the film channel from the bottom. I have a service manual for these I will email you.

Pat [Big Grin]

Your email is blocked. Send me and email or unblock it and I will send manual to you.

James Culbertson
Junior

- posted January 22, 2012 06:52 AM      Profile for James Culbertson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for replying! Yes, I turned the knob on the top to "load film" and when I put the film in the top over the small roller, it stops. From the side I can barely see that the film has stopped just before the hole which allows the light through. I'm not sure if its "clogged" or some sort of gear is not pulling it along.
That would be great to get a service manual ( I think I unblocked my email? I'm really a noob on this board)
So, when I turn the knob, that bottom reel should be moving? Is there a belt? Gear?
Thanks for the help!!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC