8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Surgery needed on my Elmo ST-800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surgery needed on my Elmo ST-800
Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2012 09:17 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
Need someone to tap a thread down the middle with a small screw
through the focus knob and into the white cam. Both pieces have a stem with the hole already there on each end of the stem. Has anyone done this procedure before? I don't think super glue will do the trick. I would need to remove the lens mount assembly and ship it to you, but now sure if I even have the proper tools or know-how to remove it? Also what would you charge to do this procedure. I just bought this projector a couple months ago and it's like in mint condition and came with everything in the box and it looks like it was hardly ever used before so I really want to keep it and not have to buy another one so I'm really hoping someone can fix it!

Thanks,
Roger

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 24, 2012 11:12 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger, I think I got the same problem last time and could fix it. But without a photo I could not understand what is going on at your end.

Can you post some pictures please (since this is a small piece thing, a camera with zoom capability is better)

--------------------
Winbert

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2012 11:29 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Winbert and thanks for your reply! I will have my wife when she comes home after work tonight have her take a couple pictures with her digital camera for you. I was thinking another member who had experienced the same problem with the same machine with the Elmo would be able to respond. Would I send them to your email address?
Thanks,
Roger

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2012 05:11 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Winbert,
I spoke to Leon "Elmo" Norris today and he's aware of the problem and said he could fix it!
Thanks anyway,
Roger

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC