8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo ST-800 Belt Replacement & Film Feed Problem (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Elmo ST-800 Belt Replacement & Film Feed Problem
John Romein
Junior

- posted December 20, 2015 07:50 PM      Profile for John Romein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi William. Can you have a quick look into the back of your ST-800 and tell me the position of the metal "clamp" at the base of the top right most gear (pointed to by the red arrow in the first post in the blog)?

The clamp has a bend in the middle of it and I cannot remember if the middle is up from the base of the projector or down?

After reading all about this projector I anxious to see it running...and I'm so close!

|  IP: Logged

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2015 07:31 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I understand you, you're referring to the plate indicated by the pencil point in this pic. Looking at it as in the pic, the plate goes up at the bend.
 -

John Romein
Junior

- posted December 22, 2015 04:02 PM      Profile for John Romein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very William! The projector is now running like a charm. On short notice I could not find a 1/8" belt for the take-up, but a 3/16" square belt with a 4" ID. Now that I know how, thanks to this blog, to replace the belt I may replace it with a proper one after the holidays. Have a Merry Christmas.

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2015 11:41 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas John and everybody in the forum. John, enjoy your Elmo St-800. I know I love mine.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 23, 2015 11:52 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Fellow ST-800 fans!

If I was a smarter teenager I would have bought four or five of these and put 'em away.

-then again a smarter teenager is called a "thirty year old"!

If you are looking for the correct belts for this machine I highly recommend these:

ST-800 Belts

I've let these run at least five years in my own machine and replaced them because I thought it was time, not because they broke.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2015 11:56 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, I am originally from Long Island and bought my Elmo ST-800 at a camera store on Montauk Hwy in Oakdale in 1977. Do you have any connection to that store?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 23, 2015 12:07 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just may have shopped there when I worked for a company in Bohemia back around 1989. (There was good Chinese food in the same mini-mall so I was there quite a lot.)

They had a Kodak M22 plasticky-cheap movie camera new old stock for 5 bucks. I happened to have some Kodachrome left over from before my friend dumped my first movie camera in the Peconic River, so I grabbed it up.

Being it was an early Kodak, I got about six months useful life before the geartrain imploded, but it happened to be the summer I met my wife.

-so I actually have some Super-8 in my own wedding video!

(-since you asked!)

My own ST-800 came from the used shelf at a camera shop in Smithtown in 2002.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2015 12:45 PM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

As for the cleaning swabs, I bought Chemtronics Chamois Tips off of ebay, you`ve probably used them for cleaning video heads.

They work fine
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC