8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Custom 4x400 Box

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Custom 4x400 Box
Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2012 03:03 PM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made this custom box made out of a modified cereal box to fit my copy of Battleship Potempkin (Great film btw, such an important part of cinema history). Anyways, I had to transfer my copy to smaller reels since the Chinon 7000 only plays up to 600' and there was an 800' and a very full 600'. So I wanted to transfer these onto 4x400 and keep it in a nice box. So I came up with this. Using a Honey-nut Cheerios Box cut down and then taped to make a square. Cover it with White paper and printed a picture I found from Google and added a side title (I found that titles always face up to the front cover. Enjoy!

-
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2012 03:16 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Grant ,
These boxes look great and would look beautiful part of any cine collection.Thank you for sharing your ideas with me.I am going to try making one for my Tarzan 4 x400ft.Thank you
Regards
Leon

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2012 04:02 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Grant! I made something quite similar once from an old Corn Flakes box for my 4x400 of Gullivers Travels!

Will see if I can find pictures!

Edit:
Found it!

-

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Grant Fitzgerald
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2012 09:52 AM      Profile for Grant Fitzgerald   Author's Homepage   Email Grant Fitzgerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did you make the separators. I wanted to do that but didn't know how.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2012 02:14 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made the box around the old 400' boxes. So it's basically a shell for the four seperate 400' boxes made from a Corn Flakes box :-)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 07, 2012 07:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are awesome! I love that idea. Both look great. I'm going the other way. Transfering 400' to 800' or 1200' reels. Then making my own boxes from foam board. What a great hobby. Keep up the good work guys! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC