8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elvis item on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elvis item on ebay
John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2012 01:26 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I won this item on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230733329704&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123
Elvis on Ed Sullivan 2x 200ft or 400ft reels with sound. Not sure of the reel size as the listing doesn't say.
Anyone have any info on this at all? looks like it was an "Unofficial" release back in the day maybe.

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2012 03:11 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's 400 ft as far as I can tell. Haven't seen these before, make sure to keep us updated :-)

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 29, 2012 08:21 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By seeing the picture, think they are 2 x 400'

--------------------
Winbert

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2012 04:38 PM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this film on 2*400 foot reels. I don't know who released it, but the picture and sound quality are quite good. It's all 3 of Elvis's appearances in the Ed Sullival Show (2 from 1956 and one from 1957). Some of the songs are repeated.
If they are 2*400 foot reels that you won, you got it for a good price. I've seen it on dealers lists for £25 - £35

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2012 06:36 PM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Phil, I received them today and they are indeed the 400ft reels. They are in excellent condition, so I think I did very well.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC