8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GOKO MM-1 editor power problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOKO MM-1 editor power problem
Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted January 29, 2012 03:11 PM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

I recently bought a very nice GOKO MM-1 motorised viewer/editor in - what seemed to be - very good condition.

It is a very nice machine. Really nice picture output, easy to use.
I have used it a couple of times, the second time actually for about one hour or so. It was working great.

Today, I sat to view some amateur films I got at a film market to see if I scored anything interesting, and when I plugged in the GOKO, the light turned on for one millisec and then the GOKO has no power.

Of course voltage etc were correct. Plug has no problem. At start I thought it was just the bulb, but after I changed it I checked the motor and it is not working also.
So seems there is no power input in the GOKO, I will try to open it tomorrow and check the power cord or any other visible damage.

Anyone has any ideas what to check specifically? Does it have a resistor or other safety thing? Maybe the power transformer got blew up, anyone knows how I can check it?

thanks in advance
ilias

|  IP: Logged

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2012 02:18 PM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To answer my own question... [Razz]
I opened the Goko today, thankfully there was a fuse before the transformer.
I changed it and everything works great again!

Btw..it is a great machine..the non-flicker screen in great for reviewing films!

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2012 04:54 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ilias,
good to hear you resolved your issue - usually someone would chip in with advice but I'm guessing most of us have the 'cheap seats' handcranked versions!
John

Ilias Sifakis
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2012 06:35 AM      Profile for Ilias Sifakis   Email Ilias Sifakis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply John,
I know people usually step up and help here, but sometimes topics slip or are out of other members' fields of knowledge.
Anyway, all good.
cheers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC